• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Psycho-Pass Film's 2nd Trailer Unveiled

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:01 am Reply with quote
Damn, that is a catchy theme song. And not only that, it looks like a certain someone is coming back! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Trypticon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:19 am Reply with quote
Excuse while I wipe the tendency of awe from my eyes, this looks like it will be amazing, and I feel more easy going knowing that Urobuchi wrote it. Especially after hearing a lot of negativity about season 2.

I also hear Funimation already has the rights to it, which if true, I feel even better about it.
AnimeTenchou

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:19 am Reply with quote
Let's hope Funimation get this!
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:46 am Reply with quote
At about the 1:30 mark, was that the voice of spoiler[the deceased Enforcer Masaoka Tomomi (Ginoza Nobuchika's father)]?
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:14 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
At about the 1:30 mark, was that the voice of spoiler[the deceased Enforcer Masaoka Tomomi (Ginoza Nobuchika's father)]?

Desmond Rutaganda. Look up his profile on the official page. You can even see him voice part of the line he gives.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:36 am Reply with quote
There's the usual cock-up with the translated dialogue as well.

"We've also found that he smuggled himself into the country." should be "We've identified the route the smugglers used to infiltrate the country, SEA!"

"Shanbura Furoto" = "Shamballa Float"

Woman: To him, the Sibyl System is a Black Box from the other side of the sea. This line is given by the Bureau Director.

"They might put Kogami in a high position like they did with Makishima."
How on earth did 祭り上げ end up being translated by this?! Why not be literal and use "They might place Kogami on the same pedestal that Makishima used to sit on"

Shion: So you reject us? This line is given by the Sybill System.

Man: You have a bit of potential. Line given by Desmond Rutaganda

Man: Either be tamed, or give yourself up to the law out of my reach. Same rubbish translation given in the last news post. The line is given by Saiga Jouji and it's more like "Either allow oneself to be tamed under the Sybill Cage, or remain outside the cage and subject oneself to the law of the jungle."
Knight-Hart

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:04 am Reply with quote
AnimeTenchou wrote:
Let's hope Funimation get this!

They already have the rights.
unitmikey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:13 am Reply with quote
I'm sure this will get some sort of limited theatrical run in the US (and if that happens I will be there). In the mean time, this is a really well put together trailer and it's interesting to see that they are taking the series in a very different direction than s2.
navycherub

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:27 am Reply with quote
I hope Funimation gets this a theater run sooner rather than later! Can't contain my excitement.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:05 pm Reply with quote
I so went to watch this it looks so awesome

Lets hope Funi dosnt sit on this for more then a year
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:08 pm Reply with quote
I'd be willing to bet that this will be premiered at a large anime convention this summer.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:14 pm Reply with quote
So it is a straightforward/violent action-flick like season 2 after all. Fan´s of it like me do exist but maybe not on ANN. Can´t wait.
A season 3/or an ova should keep that direction as it is greatly prefered by me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Juno016

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:
corrections

Thank you for this. I didn't feel up to re-translating most of the lines myself, but I wanted to call out the translation and grammar used in these translations. ANN's news staff often have minor mis-translations in their articles and problems with correctly identifying characters, but today's was particular jarring.

To add to your corrections, the first line is:
Kasei: "There is a foreign terrorist group who have entered this country illegally. [Among their ranks,] we found what we can recall as the figure of a former Enforcer who escaped three years ago. Even you could not mistake this face, right?"

The next TWO lines of text read:
"In a futuristic world where peoples' mentality can be quantified into numbers,"
"there is Public Safety Bureau that cracks down on people who have been judged as latent criminals by those numbers."

"enforcing this kind of method?" is just "using these methods?".
It sounds like she could be talking to either Kogami or Kasei/Sibyl, but she's not particularly suggesting that they're "enforcing" anything. Just doing something.

And Jouji's line is more like a question here: "Will you... or will you...?", though context can turn it into a statement.

The final text, after the production crew announcements, is:
"Pull the final trigger on this 'justice'." (with "pull", the final verbal, cut off, though it's obvious what it's going to say, so I included it)

Did ANN use a machine translation for this and just spice it up? This is really evident here, considering how some of this stuff was translated.
TheKingufheroes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Ahhhh thank GOD! after watching that i feel so much better about how this series is going to turn out, I mean that 2nd season tho come on now!!!
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:13 pm Reply with quote
I gave up somewhere around episode 6 or so with the second season and seeing two characters from there does nothing positive for me anticipation wise but if nothing else it looks like it'll be a fun action movie.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2