• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crunchyroll to Stream 3rd Dog Days Season in Asia

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Okay, what the hell is them limiting to that part of the world? The title I was anticipating the most this season is is limited to Asian countries?

Fansubbers, do your jobs!
sakurablossom143

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Wait...what?? So, they're not gonna stream it in the US? It's not even licensed! =(...
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Note also that Japan isn't on the exception list for Asia. That at the very least has to be an error.

It appears this isn't going to be Funimation's final simulcast (that will apparently be ISUCA based on the hint), and there is no sign that Daisuki will be grabbing it.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:15 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:

(that will apparently be ISUCA based on the hint)

mind explaining the connection between a blue seahorse and Isuca?
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:15 pm Reply with quote
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-883531/new-winter-titles-world-break-why-cant-seiya-toudoin-age-16-get-a-girlfriend-durarara-x-2-dog-days?fpid=48958491

TheAncientOne mentions:
Quote:
I find it even more difficult to believe they would be streaming in Japan (which isn't on the exclusion list for Asia) than not streaming in the US or Canada (which itself is a bit hard to swallow given the licenses for the previous series, and no apparent other party).

Unless the lack of availability for it to be on CR for the USA or Canada was because a company picked it up here, that does seem very weird for CR to do this.

Something tells me a typo or some info got messed up.

A reason for this is because on the list of Asian countries, it doesn't have a period at the end of the sentence. That is , if the only excluded Asian countries were "China, Korea, India", then it should read "and India" with a period.

The seahorse is Tatsunoko's logo but that company isn't involved with that show (per Isuca's ANN Encyclopedia entry for the anime version).

Last edited by Kadmos1 on Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:19 pm Reply with quote
This makes zero sense and CR has the other 2 seasons which makes this announcement even more nonsensical.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:

The seahorse is Tatsunoko's logo but that company isn't involved with that show (per Isuca's ANN Encyclopedia entry for the anime version).

Any way a blue seahorse could be linked to Dog Days 3? Smile

Seriously, if someone in the west didn't license the series, the only way it makes sense (other than an outright error) is if the licensor or someone on the production committee with veto power suddenly decided to do an about face and refused to license the series outside of Asia.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:05 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
Seriously, if someone in the west didn't license the series, the only way it makes sense (other than an outright error) is if the licensor or someone on the production committee with veto power suddenly decided to do an about face and refused to license the series outside of Asia.

If that's the case, I find that to be an extreme move considering that the Japanese enabled CR to stream the 1st 2 seasons.
Zilan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:09 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:

Any way a blue seahorse could be linked to Dog Days 3? Smile

Funi just announced yatterman, so no go. Either it's a typo, or the japanese production company just spit in the face of It's american fans.
GiriOni

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:10 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:

It appears this isn't going to be Funimation's final simulcast (that will apparently be ISUCA based on the hint), and there is no sign that Daisuki will be grabbing it.

Eh, Yatterman Night as according to their twitter is the answer.

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/553733331121344512

Edit: Frack, three seconds too late. >.<
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:22 pm Reply with quote
GiriOni wrote:
TheAncientOne wrote:

Eh, Yatterman Night as according to their twitter is the answer.

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/553733331121344512

So blue seahorse = Tatsunoko was correct, just associated with the wrong series.

As to the territories being an error, aside from the lack of Japan on the exclusion list for Asia, someone also pointed out the syntax doesn't match most announcements:
Quote:
Asia excluding China, Korea, India

No "and" between Korea and India, and no period after India.

Looking at how territories for other series have been formatted, if nothing else it appears to indicate this one was done in haste.
Zilan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Well, the dog days season 3 box appears when check the view winter season titles, so maybe it was a typo. Really wish they would clear this up.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Zilan wrote:
Well, the dog days season 3 box appears when check the view winter season titles, so maybe it was a typo. Really wish they would clear this up.

We'll probably have to wait until at least tomorrow morning for that. Sad

(Despite the fact someone had to add it to the lineup page, as it wasn't there a bit earlier when I checked).

It was also pointed out the series gives the "not available in your region" error for those in the US (despite that definitely not being the case for series 1 & 2 which are currently the only ones listed on the page).
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:13 pm Reply with quote
It might be the case where the Asian territories that do have access to it might upload on copyright infringing sites so other countries can watch it.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Will be nice to see the cast of Dog Days again. Smile

I won't be see it on Crunchy though. (rips, here I come...)

If there was a time my subscription on CR hanged loose, it's probably now. Though as I'm still going to watch the series I want, from this season's shows, regardless of restrictions, I guess I'll let it slide. Doesn't mean I'm not quite angry at you at this point, CR. Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2