• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters Unveils New Licenses

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crescendoll

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:06 pm Reply with quote
I don't see it listed here, but apparently they're also gonna release Crows -ZERO-, the live-action prequel movie to the Crows manga...? Anyway, if that's true, then I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Also glad to hear about the BL aquisitions. I know many fujoshi who are quite pleased as well... =)
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Yumi-san wrote:
I think that Media Blasters had the best news of AX. I can't wait to get the Genshiken OVA's, the Kujibiki Unbalance TV series, Strawberry Panic, and Otoboku. FUNimation was the only other company to license multiple titles that I have been looking forward to owning.

When was 'Strawberry Panic' licensed? Was this even announced?

As for a new 'Kite' feature, good to see that Yasuomi Umetsu is still active. I know he was working on something awhile back. Never expected a sequel. Well, expect much explicit sex and bloody gore. The only way he can make it.

Didn't expect 'Futari H' to get picked up. That's an old one now. So 'Tokyopop is releasing the manga? Though I did like the OVA and will be picking that up. After all 4 eps that's it, the manga is really funny from what I've seen. I wonder if the artist is finally finished with that series.
Colonel Wolfe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:31 pm Reply with quote
It's a sad, sad thing when ANN can't even report on the full details. At least Anime on DVD.com got it right. Genshiken, Ikki Tousen and Kujibiki UNbalanced will all be Dubbed with an English audio track ...
kokuryu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Really, they are actually going to dub them? I hope they dont forget to put the subtitle track on the disc too! Hopefully their dub will be good - I usually dont like the voices they get for dubs and dont like the lack of the background noise and music tracks that are in the original Japanese soundtracks, so I stick with the subs.

But I am looking forward to these!
icepick314

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:45 pm Reply with quote
can't wait for Ikki Tousen Dragon Destiny to come to US...

also preordered PS2 game coming out later this month...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Genshiken.....ova.....happy.

I've been waiting for this forever! I know this is super fangirlish but im yelling YES right now.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Yumi-san wrote:
I think that Media Blasters had the best news of AX. I can't wait to get the Genshiken OVA's, the Kujibiki Unbalance TV series, Strawberry Panic, and Otoboku. FUNimation was the only other company to license multiple titles that I have been looking forward to owning.

Damn straight it was announced! This along with Geneon's announcement for Nanoha were my highlights! Cool
ZeroRyoko1974

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:18 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if Ikki-Tousen Cameltoe Destiny will come with a "sports towel" like the first one Laughing
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:20 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:
Yumi-san wrote:

Damn straight it was announced! This along with Geneon's announcement for Nanoha were my highlights! Cool

WHOO HOO!!! YEAH!!! That's what I'm talking about. I figured it would happen eventually, but the question was who was going to pick it up. Excellent! I was hoping they would do it. That's two popular "yuri" titles under their belt. I'm sure folks are glad. I know I am. Can't wait to add that to my shelf. Just have to pick up 'KnM' first.

Now all is left for 'Marimite' to be picked up eventually. Not that I'm interested in that title but I'm crossing my fingers for everyone else. Wink
kushiel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Man, they picked up Angel Sanctuary? All these series I enjoyed are getting picked up by new licensors, even though it seems like they just came out. Before you know it Funi will have lost the license to FMA or something. *laughs*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jedi General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Shocked Strawberry Panic licensed? Otoboku too? Someone pinch me, I must be dreaming! Very Happy

This is great news, the best to come out of AX indeed. Media Blasters rocks out loud. Now they just need to bring us Marimite and Yamibou. I wouldn't mind Venus Versus Virus being licensed either, even if it was a total let down..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Paploo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:19 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
I wonder if they're gonna DUB these series' this time.

Someone's already pointed out about Genshiken/Kujibiki and Ikki Tosen's dubs but though I'd pipe in that they do have ADV's Golden Dub, confirmed at Anime Expo and on AnimeonDVD

Angel Sanctuary- I imagine there's a good chance the license included the english dub.

Kite Liberator- is a corproduction with Media Blasters, so should probably have a dub too. This is a big, high profile title for them, and as a one shot release, won't require the investment of dubbing a TV series.

Simoun is indeed subonly..... everythingelse is up in the air [though likely sub only], but fyi, sub only series means they'll cost us, the buyers, 1/2 what it will for a dubbed series of the same length, since the dvds'll cost 10 bucks less. Sure no dub, but hey, 10 bucks! 10 bucks can buy you more anime Anime smile

Also, hey Emerje, didn't know you posted here! I don't come here too often though........ I imagine GaoGaiGar'll will get finished, once some more profitable series are out of the way, and MB can put more of it out. I have to get the rest of the dvd's yet myself.

I'm guessing MB is waiting to announce the exact nature of their finishing the series once they've decided whether or not to finish the dub [taking longer to announce it means they're probably still weighing options]

I'm curious what else Media Blasters'll announce this year, given they announced the most titles at Anime Expo.
Paploo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:

This is great news, the best to come out of AX indeed. Media Blasters rocks out loud. Now they just need to bring us Marimite and Yamibou. I wouldn't mind Venus Versus Virus being licensed either, even if it was a total let down..

Geneon did accidentally leak a website URL and a Diamond Comics solicitation for a Maria Sama Ga Miteru subonly 1st season boxset, but then clammed up, and said they'd solicited it based on an "old plan" they weren't goint to use anymore. They haven't clarified if they actually have the license though...... it's an odd situtation, though Geneon did announce the other titles with leaked URLs around the same time.

Still, I want them to release Brother Dear Brother, which is actual shojo ai shojo fyi. Ryoko Ikeda+Osamu Dezaki=Awesomeness
loplop

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Yumi-san wrote:

Didn't expect 'Futari H' to get picked up. That's an old one now. So 'Tokyopop is releasing the manga? Though I did like the OVA and will be picking that up. After all 4 eps that's it, the manga is really funny from what I've seen. I wonder if the artist is finally finished with that series.

I was surprised to hear that Futari Ecchi was licensed myself. I'm very glad to see it licensed since it's been a long time guilty pleasure. I hope TokyoPop releases the manga quickly since in it's 32nd or 33rd volume now . . . .
Paploo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:08 pm Reply with quote
loplop wrote:
I was surprised to hear that Futari Ecchi was licensed myself. I'm very glad to see it licensed since it's been a long time guilty pleasure. I hope TokyoPop releases the manga quickly since in it's 32nd or 33rd volume now . . . .

TP's doing double-sized collections, at a slightly larger trim to differentiate it from their mainstream titles. So whatever it's schedule is, it'll actually be coming out twice as fast.
As most of their newer series are quarterly, it'll be 4 English volumes/8 japanese volumes a year, or more depending on it's frequency.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5