• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nintendo Shuts Down Club Nintendo Customer Loyalty Program

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:11 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
It would be nice if they'll do some kind of a "farewell" event, with discounts and stuff

They sort of are. They're adding a "dozen" downloadable games and some physical rewards for people to use up the rest of their coins next month. They're also giving out Flip Note, which hasn't been released here yet. They're re-opening a new Loyalty Program anyway, so it's not that big of a deal.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:18 am Reply with quote
Dammit! I just upped my Nintendo Club account and then linked it to my 3DS and now it's going to be gone just like that? I better use those coins now.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Why can't they just migrate the coins?
Fedora-san

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:25 pm Reply with quote
[quote="AiddonValentine"Considering how much special treatment America gets from the games industry this is just balance as far as I'm concerne[/quote]

What special treatment? For decades America has missed out on so many games due to them being not localized, and it's only been years later with fan translations that people could experience them. I remember all the censorship back in the NES and SNES days where Nintendo of America tried to push this whole "family friendly" image by scrubbing lots of games clean that came from Japan. They've eased up a bit since then since the Wii, but I wouldn't call that special treatment so much as finally treating their audience with a little bit more respect that they wont have a mental breakdown at the slightest hint of violence, alcohol, or anime artstyle.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Fedora-san wrote:
What special treatment?

Uh...earlier release dates and unjustifiably-cheaper pricing for pretty much every major title ever? We generally have it made as far as games are concerned.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2