• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Margaret McDonald, Leraldo Anzaldua Star in Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions' English Dub

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slowzhand

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:00 pm Reply with quote
The link attached to the word "announced" leads to the Infinite Stratos cast announcement.

This is the correct link:
http://www.sentaifilmworks.com/news/official-love-chunibyo-other-delusions-english-dub-cast-list
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:06 pm Reply with quote
> Sees Greg Ayres in the voice cast.
Nope.
> Listens to Rikka's voice.
NOPE. NOPE. NOPE.
infamoustakai

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Ryu Shoji wrote:

NOPE. NOPE. NOPE.

You do realize she has two voices right? They only decided to show the lower one.
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:49 pm Reply with quote
infamoustakai wrote:
Ryu Shoji wrote:

NOPE. NOPE. NOPE.

You do realize she has two voices right? They only decided to show the lower one.

"Middle aged woman" isn't one of her two tones though.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:50 pm Reply with quote
I've only ever heard Margaret from Maria+Holic, and that was when her pitch was high.
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:02 pm Reply with quote
This announcement is in compliance with the Brittney Karbowski Full Employment Act of 2008. Smile

(Meg McDonald did a good job as Miho on GuP and someon FandomPost have already said that she uses a different voice for the cutesy scenes)
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:31 pm Reply with quote
I know I trash dubs all the time but Rikka's voice is literally one of the worst ever. This is just an insult to the show. Especially given the fact that this was originally gonna come out a long time ago sub-only and they made us sub-only fans wait forever for this. Just gonna import now. Don't want to support such bad decisions.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:39 pm Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
I've only ever heard Margaret from Maria+Holic, and that was when her pitch was high.

She's worked out a lower range with Log Horizon and I'd say it's an improvement. Don't know if she's a "Rikka" but I did like the "na na na na Bam!" bit.

But my problem here is Kumin. All the other voices have fronts and different takes to their personality so one clip isn't going to cover everything but Kumin's 100% genuine ditz. What I'm hearing is someone pretending to be an airhead.
Wicked Lord Shingan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Dekomori is the only voice thats listed that i feel is a good fit.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:47 pm Reply with quote
I was willing to listen to this dub, but that 4th clip killed my intention. Thank you Sentai Shitdubs; I mean, Sentai Filmworks. I am still buying your set because I like the show a lot, but damn.

Kougeru wrote:
This is just an insult to the show. Especially given the fact that this was originally gonna come out a long time ago sub-only and they made us sub-only fans wait forever for this. Just gonna import now. Don't want to support such bad decisions.

Yes, this shaky-looking dub only adds insult to injury. I also wanted to believe that the long delay could allow Sentai to do an actual competent, not "we don't give a shit" dub, but no. THIS DUB SOUNDS LIKE CRAP.

I would have imported the show long ago if I knew Japanese.
GhostOfSide3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:23 pm Reply with quote
I'm not even a fan of the show but I laughed out loud at that dub. What the hell is Sentai Filmworks doing over there in their dub department?
Levonr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Another Sentai dub that is probably very rushed & roughly made, but I'll still watch it to be honest. I don't like to judge based off clips. I think it will be watchable enough to get the job done which is the only thing Sentai thrives for when dubbing it seems...

Last edited by Levonr on Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
BrinkMaster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:28 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to do something crazy and actually watch a full episode or two before I pass judgment on the dub. Geez Louise, it was like 5 lines in a 30 second clip, people.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
I know I trash dubs all the time but Rikka's voice is literally one of the worst ever. This is just an insult to the show. Especially given the fact that this was originally gonna come out a long time ago sub-only and they made us sub-only fans wait forever for this. Just gonna import now. Don't want to support such bad decisions.

There is a sub only release as well that came out a few months ago, so you could always buy that one.

I don't think her voice fits very well. But then again it is her deeper voice that they chose to show off. Moe just doesn't work well in English...
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:36 pm Reply with quote
While I can't say I'm a fan of these choices... what they said in the clips aren't actually dubs... more like the VAs just talking in character.

I'll watch it... but I'm not hopeful. And I usually am very lenient with my taste in dubs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4