• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 11th Animator Expo Short Power Plant No.33 Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:34 pm Reply with quote
It was good. Very nice.
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:43 pm Reply with quote
A little heavy on the CG, I must say. Also, they may as well have called it Godzilla, because that's pretty much what it was.
Fronzel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:55 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
A little heavy on the CG, I must say. Also, they may as well have called it Godzilla, because that's pretty much what it was.

Reverse Godzilla rather? A giant monster protects a city from a giant robot?

Well, I guess that's not exactly what happens.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:55 pm Reply with quote
From what I understood, the people were using the monster as a power source. After the monster defeated the robot, the monster LEFT. It didn't stay to kill everyone. That kind of makes them the bad guys.

OR DOES IT?!

The reported says that the mini-kaiju produce high voltage when in a good mood. The big kaijuu isn't completely asleep while they use power from him, so could he have been in a good mood, and just not wanted to leave? He wasn't chained up or anything, so with his size, he could have left whenever he wanted. That makes the robot the bad guy.
flackenstien

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:28 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
From what I understood, the people were using the monster as a power source. After the monster defeated the robot, the monster LEFT. It didn't stay to kill everyone. That kind of makes them the bad guys.

OR DOES IT?!

The reported says that the mini-kaiju produce high voltage when in a good mood. The big kaijuu isn't completely asleep while they use power from him, so could he have been in a good mood, and just not wanted to leave? He wasn't chained up or anything, so with his size, he could have left whenever he wanted. That makes the robot the bad guy.

The monster couldn't move because its energy was being drained. Something went haywire, and they couldn't keep the monster's energy drained.
It just so happened that someone showed up with a mecha unannounced at the same time.

The monster also seemed to have huge stakes driven through parts of it, that's probably how they caught it in the first place.

My guess, is that the monster attacked, they were able to stop it, then they realized how huge of a power source it was, so they used it. Whatever group owns that mech must either, see it as cruelty, or just think such a monster should be dead, instead of being kept alive. Seeing as it broke free due to a malfunction, their worries were justified.

Also, that girl wants the kaiju D.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:51 am Reply with quote
Somebody elsewhere compared it to the setting described in this forum thread.
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:38 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:

Really? I thought it looked very impressive. Didn't even come off as looking like CG to me. It reminded me of the technique used to animate the Ohmu in Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1