• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Negima! Female Cast Revealed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:20 pm Reply with quote
I'm creeped out that some of them are only 13-14...I wonder if they'll actually keep it clean. BTW, speaking of a live-action Negima, one of my locked threads notes that Jack Black is ripping it off in his new movie.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:47 pm Reply with quote
I saw some scans showing pictures of the cast on AoD. It's like they aren't even trying to look remotely like the manga characters. I don't expect them to color every single character's hair slightly differently or something, but they good at least make Evangeline blond or give Chachamaru her robot 'ears'. Looking at the pictures, the only way I knew who was by someone else listing them.
fxg97873

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:12 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
I'm creeped out that some of them are only 13-14...I wonder if they'll actually keep it clean. BTW, speaking of a live-action Negima, one of my locked threads notes that Jack Black is ripping it off in his new movie.

That sounds about the right age for them in the manga as a 2-A class.

I know some people are uncomfortable with that age group because it's a transitional stage that's hard to define. At the same time, though, they're not lepers or anything Wink

It's an interesting phase of life that deserves having its story told.

Knowing Japanese broadcast standards and its probable timeslot, I'm sure it will be "clean".

mk2000
child of Lilith

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:16 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

I’m sure they will keep it clean. This is going to be main stream not some back room over 18 only thing. Japan isn’t as cavalier as you seem to think. Wink

Last edited by child of Lilith on Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Neverwhere

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:21 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Looking at the pictures, the only way I knew who was by someone else listing them.

I know, sad isn't it? If they don't wear giant badges with their names on it I really don't know how they expect everyone to remember who they all are, especially if they've never read the manga/seen the anime. (A strange notion, I'm sure. ;- ) I did a double take when I saw Chachamaru was missing her 'ears' -- if they're trying to make it more 'realistic' why are they even bothering with a magical story in the first place? :/
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:43 am Reply with quote
child of Lilith:
Quote:
Japan isn’t as cavalier as you seem to think. Wink

You sure about that? Rolling Eyes
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:53 am Reply with quote
I looked at that one link to the image of the girls in the anime forum. I must say that this is the time to consider myself pathetic when it comes to knowing about Japanese culture: I don't know of a single girl in this cast Crying or Very sad
Animefan16

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:14 am Reply with quote
So how old is the actor playing negi gonna be?
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:22 am Reply with quote
I wonder why didn't Ken Akamatsu make her into one of its casts.

On a second thought, maybe she'll appear as a special guest or something.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:26 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
I wonder why didn't Ken Akamatsu make her into one of its casts.

On a second thought, maybe she'll appear as a special guest or something.

Had to figure you were going to pull something like that. I don't see why she wouldn't make an appearance, but she's probably too "old" to be playing one of the girls, she might be able to make it in as a teacher though, wouldn't you think?
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:32 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
I don't see why she wouldn't make an appearance, but she's probably too "old" to be playing one of the girls, she might be able to make it in as a teacher though, wouldn't you think?

Her face and body *cough* are not "mature" enough to be Shizuna-sensei; probably a high schooler / college student at Mahora Gakuen. Remember that some students in Negi's class are played by actresses in their mid-20s, so it shouldn't be a problem for Kanon to play a high schooler.

By the way, I couldn't believe they picked a 13-year-old as Kaede Nagase. She has a very mature look in manga and is often mistaken as an adult.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:04 am Reply with quote
Remember: this is just a list of the cast, not a dress rehearsal. Someone has said elsewhere that it is already confirmed that Chacha will have the ears etc.

I think Irie Saaya* would for right in as a Negima cast member Wink

(The infamous "Yeah, she's hot. Wait she's how old you say?" girl)
fxg97873

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:19 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Remember: this is just a list of the cast, not a dress rehearsal. Someone has said elsewhere that it is already confirmed that Chacha will have the ears etc.

I think Irie Saaya* would for right in as a Negima cast member Wink

(The infamous "Yeah, she's hot. Wait she's how old you say?" girl)

Didn't she deliver peace between China and Japan by dropping some "bombs"...Hakafu style.

Or so said the Japanese media at the time...

Cool
rentauri

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:22 am Reply with quote
Zazie looks so......formal, it makes this fan sad but unless they do something there isnt going to be a chance I will know who is who.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:

It was more than just a list. All (or most) of the girls were shown in their Mahora uniforms. I can only hope you are right, though. At the moment, it looks like they aren't even trying.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2