• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sailor Moon R English Dub Casts Sandy Fox as Chibi Usa, Veronica Taylor as Sailor Pluto

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:55 pm Reply with quote
From Pokemon to Sailor Moon, that's an interesting addition to Veronica's resume.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:30 pm Reply with quote
I look forward to hearing how Veronica will sound as Sailor Pluto. Smile It's been ages since I've heard from her.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Color me stunned. Veronica Taylor as Sailor Pluto in "Sailor Moon." That's pretty odd casting if you ask me. Ms. Taylor usually plays very energetic characters and Sailor Pluto is anything but.
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
Color me stunned. Veronica Taylor as Sailor Pluto in "Sailor Moon." That's pretty odd casting if you ask me. Ms. Taylor usually plays very energetic characters and Sailor Pluto is anything but.

I've heard her play more subdued roles, she even played one in the first season (The character of Katarina in that episode that was cut from the Dic dub).

As long as she doesn't use a Southern Accent it will be fine...
rainbowrabbit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Viz has disappointed me in many ways with this release. And for sure I thought they'd disappoint me once again by bringing on Stephanie Beard as Chibiusa. I know a lot of people wanted her back since she currently lives in Los Angeles, but I personally wasn't a fan of her take on Rini and always preferred Tracey Hoyt in the role. So I'm happy they decided to go with someone new. And how cool is it that we have Chi and Sumomo in Sailor Moon. What are the chances of us getting Crispin Freeman as Professor Tomoe? That would be great.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Seriously, VERONICA TAYLOR?!
theNightster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:45 pm Reply with quote
holly crap Veronica Taylor in a Bang Zoom dub? I guess she isn't getting much work in New york these days
gothicangel89

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:34 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
holly crap Veronica Taylor in a Bang Zoom dub? I guess she isn't getting much work in New york these days

It's not Bang Zoom. It's Studiopolis. They're the ones that dubbing Sailor Moon.
Haterater

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:42 am Reply with quote
Would have loved it if they brought Stephanie Beard back, but its to be expected that they aren't having anyone from the old dub. Kind of mixed about Sandy Fox in the role, so we'll see. She "fits" the role given her other roles, but Beard had more of a cute voice fit for that character. At least Fox will be better than the first Rini voice. Very Happy
EricJ2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:45 am Reply with quote
Haterater wrote:
At least Fox will be better than the first Rini voice. Very Happy

Also, unlike DiC/Cloverway, they'll be aware that Chibi isn't bratty Evil Chibi for the entire series.
The first dub was rather short-sighted, which caused some problems when they hadn't seen the SuperS series yet.
Hitokiri Kenshin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:45 am Reply with quote
Wasn't S airing in Japan at the time they were originally working on it though?
PokemonTrainerLisa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:31 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
From Pokemon to Sailor Moon, that's an interesting addition to Veronica's resume.

I know, right?
I love Veronica! She's amazing and extremely talented too! Anime smile
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
I look forward to hearing how Veronica will sound as Sailor Pluto. Smile It's been ages since I've heard from her.

Me too! I'm sure Veronica will be great as Sailor Pluto! I look forward to hearing her voice. Smile
And I've never seen Sailor Moon before, so watching it for the first time should be really fun. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SaiyamanMS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:09 am Reply with quote
So is Veronica Taylor actually based out of LA now or is she just going there to record stuff like how Sean Schemmel keeps returning to Texas to do new Dragon Ball?
TheAnagelic1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:57 am Reply with quote
"I choose you, Small Lady!"
rainbowrabbit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:12 pm Reply with quote
This is way too far ahead to even consider, but Chibiusa's character is retired in Sailor Stars and I wonder if Viz will keep Sandy Fox around to do Chibi Chibi. Or maybe they'll have Stephanie Sheh take on that part just like how Kotono did it in the original. I can't wait to see what they'll do.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2