• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sora Amamiya, Aki Toyosaki, Suzuko Mimori, More Join Denpa Kyōshi

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Well the studio definitely didn't surprise me for this news. Decent looking cast there though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Another cynical sounding story about a "misunderstood" teen genius that also just happens to be a NEET super otaku probably surrounded by a harem in his new "teaching" job and animated by A-1 Pictures. How positively riveting sounding. And they even cast Hiroshi Kamiya so they can include an event ticket and market it to fujoshi as well.....again.
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
Another cynical sounding story about a "misunderstood" teen genius that also just happens to be a NEET super otaku probably surrounded by a harem in his new "teaching" job and animated by A-1 Pictures. How positively riveting sounding. And they even cast Hiroshi Kamiya so they can include an event ticket and market it to fujoshi as well.....again.

While it is a Harem manga it's actually a pretty tolerable one. I normally detest harems but in this case it's pretty funny and you don't have the typical harem antics going on, as for most of the haremites it is more a respect rather than love as he is their teacher after all. The manga also likes to take a dig at Japans high pressure exam based education system a lot.

I doubt you could market it to fujoshi as there are very few males in his harem, but there is one pretty awesome trap! Best trap ever IMHO!
DanchouHaruhi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Mimorin as Options, huh? An intriguing choice that I can't wait to hear.

I'm liking the announced cast so far, and I do think Kamiya Hiroshi is a better choice than Ono Daisuke for Junichiro. We'll still have to wait on Suzune's voice actress, but I'm hoping it's someone other than Asumin. As much as I like the work she has done, I just think there are better options out there that matches Suzune's personality more. Otherwise it's just going to sound like another Chihiro from TWGOK (which I was okay with anyway).
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:17 pm Reply with quote
ScruffyKiwi wrote:
I doubt you could market it to fujoshi as there are very few males in his harem, but there is one pretty awesome trap! Best trap ever IMHO!

I prefer my harems trap-/BL-free.
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
ScruffyKiwi wrote:

I prefer my harems trap-/BL-free.

It's a pseudo harem. There are only a couple in the harem that have romantic feelings, and teach is not interested at all in reciprocating.
Saeglopur25

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Asakura, Natsukawa, and Amamiya will perform the opening theme "Youthful Dreamer"

...you should probably mention the full names of Momo Asakura and Shiina Natsukawa here, since unlike Sora Amamiya they weren't mentioned in the article already...
myskaros

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:10 pm Reply with quote
DanchouHaruhi wrote:
We'll still have to wait on Suzune's voice actress, but I'm hoping it's someone other than Asumin. As much as I like the work she has done, I just think there are better options out there that matches Suzune's personality more. Otherwise it's just going to sound like another Chihiro from TWGOK (which I was okay with anyway).

I think Sakura Ayane would have been great as Suzune. I'm sure she'll be fine as Kisaki-sensei, but I was thinking someone with a "smoother" voice would fit better, like say Nazuka Kaori or Hara Yumi. Other people I could see for Suzune are Taketatsu Ayana or Ise Mariya. I'd like to see Sakurai Tooru for Roboman; I thought he did a great job as Komaba in Silver Spoon.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:13 pm Reply with quote
A-1 Pictures and an April 4th air date, ha? That's soon.
48 Rices

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Well good to see Aki's on the bigger list this season...

Last season I can only see her a bit in GF Beta, but that was quite a sight indeed.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:50 am Reply with quote
Congrats to those starring and watching this show.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1