• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sundome Gets New Film in March With New Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Oh thats pretty nice that 6 years on it's still remembered well enough to get another movie. Yet to see any of the 4 live action films.

This also reminds me, somebody please licence Ibitsu, another masterpiece like Sundome. My hope will never fade.

Also a quick note, Sundome had 8 volumes not 9.
zensunni

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:39 pm Reply with quote
I watched part of one of the Sundome movies, but if I recall correctly, they diverged from the manga plot significantly... Am I wrong?

I wonder if this will be a re-boot? (Does anyone know if the first set of movies covered the whole story? If so, this would, by necessity, be a reboot...)

The manga is a masterpiece. A sick, twisted, and thoroughly depressing masterpiece, but a masterpiece none-the-less...
Touma

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:47 pm Reply with quote
EighteenSky wrote:
Sundome had 8 volumes not 9.

The encyclopedia agrees with you, and I hope that you are right. Because 8 volumes is what I have and I thought that I had all of them. But I still have not read the last three. I need to get to those soon.

I did not know that there had been any movies made of Sundome. I would be willing to bet than none have made it to home video in North America, but I will still check.

I also doubt that any are entirely faithful to the manga. Unless there is an adult video version.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1