• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ju-On Horror Film Series' Final Film Announced

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gellar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Anime News Network incorrectly reporting on this particular franchise yet again. Shocking! Ju-on and The Grudge are not the same franchise, nor is a remake of a foreign film called an "adaptation". You adapt a book or a video game into a movie, a movie based on a movie is called a remake no matter which countries the movies are from. And those US "adaptations" are still not installments in the Ju-on series no matter how many times this innacurate assertion is repeated on this site.
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Haven't seen Owari no Hajimari yet, but spoiler[this sounds similar to plots that appeared in both the first direct-to-video Ju-On (with Kobayashi) and to Mariko's plot in the first theatrical film. I guess it's just a convenient way to get people into the stupid house.] Guess I'll have to check out Owari no Hajimari.
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:28 pm Reply with quote
I saw 2-3 Ju-on movies

I didn't know they were related.

I would love to see an anime version of Ju-on or Fatal Frame Smile
unitmikey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:01 pm Reply with quote
I have a feeling this will be like a friday the thirteenth/nightmare on elm street thing where it's the last film but not really the last one.

Regardless, the franchise seems drained out. Although I've been dying to see the original two since 2000-whatever. Haven't those still not been licensed stateside?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1