• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blood Blockade Battlefront's 2nd Video, Nana Mizuki & Miyuki Sawashiro's Roles Unveiled

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:22 am Reply with quote
This looks good, even on the surface with that PV. Right now, I am hoping the manga series gets more attention because it honestly only has 4 chapters translated.

Looking forward to this for sure though!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:58 am Reply with quote
I liked the added cuts (the letter that Michelle, Leonardo's sister, reads was a nice addition), but I'm not sure about the BGM choice here; I mean, I like that 50's feeling that the song gives, but I thought that the heavier-sounding BGM of the 1st PV was a better fit to the scenes shown.

Fun fact: It only now dawned on my that this series reunites many of the regular seiyūs from the anime Gintama:
Seiyū (Kekkai Sensen role / Gintama role)
Sakaguchi Daisuke (Leonardo Watch / Shinpachi Shimura)
Nakai Kazuya (Zapp Renfro / Hijikata Toshirō)
Kobayashi Yū (Chain Sumeragi / Sarutobi Ayame)
Ishida Akira (Femt, the King of Depravity / Katsura Kotarō)
Fujiwara Keiji (Deldro Brody / Hattori Zenzō)
Kugimiya Rie (???? [yet to be revealed] / Kagura)
Bonus fun fact: both series will begin in April.
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:18 am Reply with quote
This series looks promising. I'm looking forward to it.

@ Hameyadea: I didn't realize it at all. That's nice observatiion,pal.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:42 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:

Fun fact: It only now dawned on my that this series reunites many of the regular seiyūs from the anime Gintama:

I actually noticed that before. :3 I love many of them, so I'm excited to hear them together in a different anime.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:40 pm Reply with quote
I'll be perfectly honest and say this trailer did nothing to impress me, it honestly just looked like one of those throwaway action shows that comes out that usually gets forgotten in mere months. But i never noticed until now that the Trigun mangaka did this, (realizing this as I saw the character model sheet) and while I am aware there are some differences with between the anime and manga (and given that I haven't read the manga yet) this does ALOT to spike my interest.

We'll see I guess...
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:21 am Reply with quote
I would have had a look at this, anyway, because of Nightow, and now the visuals are making me look forward to it even more. Very nice.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Visually, it doesn't look all that impressive or distinctive—production or design-wise (which is strange given the talent involved)—and despite the concept not sounding too bad, the trailer did not do much more to pique my interest in it. I haven't been that enthralled with BONES for a while now, but I'll still give the series a chance, given its staff (thin source material be darned…).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:29 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
Fun fact: It only now dawned on my that this series reunites many of the regular seiyūs from the anime

I wouldn't put past Gintma to make reference to this at one point, maybe even in the form of a parody. I remember one episode when Tae told Hijikata, that he would be alright if they got cancelled, since he would still have One Piece.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1