• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Netflix Adds Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter Anime Series

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aynslesa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Wow, this is surprising - I was seriously expecting Crunchyroll to stream Hades Chapter, since they have Sanctuary, Lost Canvas and Omega already. This is a little sad for me because I don't have a Netflix account. Sad

Although this does put Saint Seiya in a bit of an awkward position in regards to reaching new English fans, lol. We now have Sanctuary, Lost Canvas, and Omega all streaming on Crunchyroll, and Hades on Netflix. Sooo...anyone want to tell me where the Asgard/Poseidon arc is? lol
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Aynslesa wrote:
Wow, this is surprising - I was seriously expecting Crunchyroll to stream Hades Chapter, since they have Sanctuary, Lost Canvas and Omega already. This is a little sad for me because I don't have a Netflix account. Sad

You're not alone, I share that same thought.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NateSelwyn25

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:30 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if Netflix themselves did the English subs? AFAIK, there are no legal English subs out there.

(Also, yay my news submission was published!)
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:56 pm Reply with quote
I wish they would dub more Saint Seiya stuff. Seriously! I think it could reach a very broad audience in the right hands.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:18 pm Reply with quote
NateSelwyn25 wrote:

(Also, yay my news submission was published!)

Big congrats. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
trunkschan90

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Fun fact: The Spanish dub of the Hades Saga has two dubs, the TV dub that casted new actors and a DVD dub with the original actors.

I wish the rest of the series would get dubbed into English or at least include the Spanish dubs in future DVD releases.
GVman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Just got done watching episode 1. They translated Deathmask's move as "Layers of Death." Beyond that, the subs seem pretty good. Granted, they also translated Camus' name as "Kami" in the next ep preview, but I'm hoping they fixed that in the next episode proper.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:10 pm Reply with quote
i think CR has Hades chapters too. I'm pretty sure i watched it CR before. Just not available in all regions.
GVman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
i think CR has Hades chapters too. I'm pretty sure i watched it CR before. Just not available in all regions.

I believe CR has it for Latin America and a few other places, but not the US and only in Spanish, I believe.
glacierkn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:28 pm Reply with quote
GVman wrote:
Granted, they also translated Camus' name as "Kami" in the next ep preview, but I'm hoping they fixed that in the next episode proper.

I always thought it was confusing that it's spelled Camus, when they pronounce it like "Cami-yu". Maybe they should spell it Cameus.

So Netflix has the Hades arcs but not the previous parts of the series? That's confusing.
GVman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:39 pm Reply with quote
It's a French name, and they never use half the letters in it. The way it's supposed to be pronounced is "Kamu." I have no idea why the Japanese pronounce it "Kamyu"; I guess that's just how Albert Camus' name has been historically transliterated in Japan.
Primus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Speaking of French, The Hades Chapter is available on Netflix in Canada with French audio and subtitle support. No Spanish support, though English subtitles are available.

This is kind of a weird part of the franchise to be on Netflix, but hey, at least it's legally watchable now.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:48 am Reply with quote
Here in Latin America, Netflix started streaming the Hades OVAs around the same time as Crunchyroll, but the Chapter Sanctuary episodes are unfortunately missing the extra scenes that were added to the DVD release. Are the US and Canadian streams missing those scenes, too?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1