• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kanon Wakeshima Performs Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Anime's Ending

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:51 am Reply with quote
Oh I remember her performance from Selector Infected Wixoss. Not bad actually so I think this is going to work out well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:33 am Reply with quote
While I love harems, it's the English title that has me sold even more to watch this series.
Cerceaux

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Not especially interested in the show, but I'm a fan of Kanon so I'll probably pick up the single.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Eh, might be skipping this one. As much as I like MMORPGs and cute girls, harems just aren't the thing for me me anymore.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Finished the first volume of the light novel not too long ago. It definitely has some potential. So I'll be watching when the anime premieres.
Uokel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:44 am Reply with quote
_Cyphon_ wrote:
Eh, might be skipping this one. As much as I like MMORPGs and cute girls, harems just aren't the thing for me me anymore.

But it's not a MMORPGs lol Only thing close with that is the way they do their experience other than that it's more like a medieval fantasy style anime. Also it's not even that huge of a harem in all reality there are about 3 main girl/ villain that have a thing for him slightly 4. Hell it's no where near that center point of the story either and really isn't that hugely focused on (if they keep to how the novel does it that is)
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:03 am Reply with quote
Uokel wrote:
But it's not a MMORPGs lol Only thing close with that is the way they do their experience other than that it's more like a medieval fantasy style anime. Also it's not even that huge of a harem in all reality there are about 3 main girl/ villain that have a thing for him slightly 4. Hell it's no where near that center point of the story either and really isn't that hugely focused on (if they keep to how the novel does it that is)

The dungeon aspect of it really makes it feel similar to an RPG, and that's one of the genres I like the most. Also, 3 girls is enough to call it a harem. My problem with this is that it doesn't sound very exciting. You have dungeons sure, but all the facts lead me to believe this will be some kind of slice of life-ish show. Even the title tells us that it's probably going to be about a guy picking up girls in dungeons. Action is not very heavily focused on. Bell seems like an ok guy, but I just don't know if he's interesting enough to carry me through the show.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:33 am Reply with quote
_Cyphon_ wrote:
Uokel wrote:

The dungeon aspect of it really makes it feel similar to an RPG, and that's one of the genres I like the most. Also, 3 girls is enough to call it a harem. My problem with this is that it doesn't sound very exciting. You have dungeons sure, but all the facts lead me to believe this will be some kind of slice of life-ish show. Even the title tells us that it's probably going to be about a guy picking up girls in dungeons. Action is not very heavily focused on. Bell seems like an ok guy, but I just don't know if he's interesting enough to carry me through the show.

Well to be fair it's not really a slice-of-life type of series. There's a good chunk of action inside the dungeons (in the first novel at least) and I would say the focus of the series is mostly on Bell's growth as an "adventurer" than his relationship with the various girls in his life (though they all play a part in some form or fashion). There is quite a bit of world building, but it's not as heavily involved as for example, Log Horizon (at least not in this stage). I'm sure the title was just something to grab reader's attention, since most of the time Bell is only thinking of one girl as opposed to many.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Well to be fair it's not really a slice-of-life type of series. There's a good chunk of action inside the dungeons (in the first novel at least) and I would say the focus of the series is mostly on Bell's growth as an "adventurer" than his relationship with the various girls in his life (though they all play a part in some form or fashion). There is quite a bit of world building, but it's not as heavily involved as for example, Log Horizon (at least not in this stage). I'm sure the title was just something to grab reader's attention, since most of the time Bell is only thinking of one girl as opposed to many.

Hm, I guess I will give this a try then. Last point is, are there going to be any other male characters that are significant (keyword) in this?
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:21 pm Reply with quote
_Cyphon_ wrote:
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

Hm, I guess I will give this a try then. Last point is, are there going to be any other male characters that are significant (keyword) in this?

As far as the first novel goes there is only one who is somewhat important. He's a head of one of the Familias (the series equivalents to guilds) and gives Bell potions and stuff. I don't know if more male characters get introduced in the later novels, but I would assume so.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1