• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Code Geass Episodes 24, 25's Japanese Airing Scheduled

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:15 pm Reply with quote
This is going to be one of the most epic pair of episodes I'll see in a LONG time! Cool
kuni_kuni

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, I can't wait for this. My brother (who hates anime) and I basically watched all of the first 23 episodes in one day. Now he's going to Otakon just to see if he can find some Code Geass stuff. Laughing These episodes will definitely be epic (I'm sure everyone is sick of that word, but really, no other word fits).
Jedi General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:11 pm Reply with quote
It's about freakin' time! These episodes better be good, since they made us wait 4 months. Now CG just needs to be licensed and I'll be happy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LightYagami

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:23 pm Reply with quote
I'm really excited that these eps are finally coming out. These two episodes BETTER be worth the LONG wait. I doubt that they can fill in the gaps in two episodes let alone finish the series without making it feel like a rush job which geass does not deserve to happen to. Heres to hoping that Geass season two happens.
craziplaya21

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:30 pm Reply with quote
LightYagami wrote:
I'm really excited that these eps are finally coming out. These two episodes BETTER be worth the LONG wait. I doubt that they can fill in the gaps in two episodes let alone finish the series without making it feel like a rush job which geass does not deserve to happen to. Heres to hoping that Geass season two happens.

Code Geass season2 already got announced
W-General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Set to air in the fall as well, so the wait for season 2 won't be long Very Happy

But yes, epic is the only word fitting for ep 24 and 25
Jedi General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:14 pm Reply with quote
W-General wrote:
Set to air in the fall as well, so the wait for season 2 won't be long Very Happy

Shocked Where did you hear this?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Neverwhere

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
W-General wrote:

Shocked Where did you hear this?

Wasn't it announced in Newtype?
Jedi General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:31 pm Reply with quote
I don't recall it ever being announced in Newtype, unless it was Newtype Japan. I do know that the continuation of CG is coming, but I thought they hadn't confirmed if it would be a second TV series, and OVA or even a movie yet.
Neverwhere

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
I don't recall it ever being announced in Newtype, unless it was Newtype Japan.

*laughs* Oh yes, sorry. I meant Newtype Japan. Sometimes I forget there's another one. *grins sheepishly* (Which is odd, as I buy it on occassion.)

I thought it was confirmed in the August Newtype, but looking at it again I see I was mistaken. (For some reason I imagined it to be in the magazine near the Suzumiya Haruhi announcement, but alas, I really was imagining things. Moop.)
Jedi General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Neverwhere wrote:
I thought it was confirmed in the August Newtype, but looking at it again I see I was mistaken. (For some reason I imagined it to be in the magazine near the Suzumiya Haruhi announcement, but alas, I really was imagining things. Moop.)

Ah, ok. I had a feeling what you said might be related to the recent Haruhi announcement. Thanks for clearing that up. Smile

ETA: Hopefully now W-General will respond to my question as to where it was announced that CG's second season is coming in the fall.
Afax

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:52 am Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
Neverwhere wrote:

Ah, ok. I had a feeling what you said might be related to the recent Haruhi announcement. Thanks for clearing that up. Smile

ETA: Hopefully now W-General will respond to my question as to where it was announced that CG's second season is coming in the fall.

There was a whole cover devoted to it in Newtype Japan when it was announced. Plus it was rumoured since December...
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:22 am Reply with quote
Afax wrote:
Jedi General wrote:
Neverwhere wrote:

There was a whole cover devoted to it in Newtype Japan when it was announced. Plus it was rumoured since December...

This meme keeps popping up. ''Newtype'' in Japan hasn't said "second season" or that the sequel is confirmed for television. The creators have only said that an sequel of an "unspecified format" has been greenlit. Indeed, the official blog announcement cautions that even the creators don't know if the sequel will be on "TV broadcast, OVA, or theatrical release."
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:34 am Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
I don't recall it ever being announced in Newtype, unless it was Newtype Japan.

The so-called "Newtype Japan" doesn't have "Japan" in its title.

When we write Newtype, it means the Japanese (original) edition;
When we want to talk about the US English edition we write Newtype USA.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Jedi General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:48 am Reply with quote
Egan Loo wrote:
This meme keeps popping up. ''Newtype'' in Japan hasn't said "second season" or that the sequel is confirmed for television. The creators have only said that an sequel of an "unspecified format" has been greenlit. Indeed, the official blog announcement cautions that even the creators don't know if the sequel will be on "TV broadcast, OVA, or theatrical release."

Yes, I was already aware of that, hence my asking W-General were he/she heard about it airing in the fall. I'm certain that news like that would make ANN's front page, so I was a bit skeptical.

dormcat wrote:
When we write Newtype, it means the Japanese (original) edition;
When we want to talk about the US English edition we write Newtype USA.

Thanks. I guess because I live in the USA, I automatically think Newtype USA whenever I see "Newtype" said anywhere, so I added "Japan" to make sure I was clear (even though I knew that "Japan" isn't in the title). But, based upon what you said, I'll leave out "Japan" now if I ever refer to the Japanese edition.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2