• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yuruyuri TV Anime Gets 3rd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaHiiragi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:49 pm Reply with quote
I wish they would dub this series but I very much doubt it'll happen >.<
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:33 pm Reply with quote
My wishlist for this new season:

>Make Chinatsu a "better" person
>Have Kyouko and Ayano kiss for real
>More Rise x Nana
>More Akane and sisters (and the cousin)
>spoiler[Make Akarix x Yui OTP]
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:35 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Much better yuri than forced abstraction bears.

Yuri Yuri is exactly one of the type of series Yuri Kuma Arashi is criticizing against and frankly not the route I hope the yuri genre as a whole takes.
Exactly. Although honestly I'd be all for the series if it were actually funny. I like cute slice of life shows like K-ON, I like yuri and I like wacky comedies like School Rumble. Difference is, all the shows I like from all those genres are cleverly written and have their own unique charm to them. Yuruyuri is as about bland and cookie cutter as anime gets.

Also what the hell does 'forced abstraction' even mean? And why even bring up Yuri Kuma just to shit talk it? I obviously can't say anything about you as a person but if I went off that sentence alone I wouldn't think of you as being a very smart person.

B-GradeMegumi wrote:
Glad you took the time and energy to make this wonderful and necessary contribution to the thread. It's so constructive, and really adds to its content. Rolling Eyes
No. Thank YOU for taking the time to make this unnecessary passive aggressive retort just because I have an opinion different from your own and can justify my way of thinking.
Fipse

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:03 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:

Yuri Yuri is exactly one of the type of series Yuri Kuma Arashi is criticizing against and frankly not the route I hope the yuri genre as a whole takes.

Because why? No fun allowed?
Rederoin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Fipse wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:

Giving the people what they want is bad.
Fipse

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:

Sadly that is the mindset some western anime fans have.
wastrel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Fipse wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:

Didn't you know? All anime must be very serious, with deep critiques of societal norms and hidden levels of deconstruction of tropes. Also, everything must be deconstruction -- nothing can ever be construction of anything. And if it makes anyone anywhere smile, it's crap.

Rolling Eyes

I'm glad we're getting another Yuruyuri season, and I even have a space for the oversized NISA release that I will joyously buy. And my every twinge of pleasure will be all the sweeter at the thought of all those out there wailing and moaning that someone is actually enjoying an anime.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:

If Japanese want more Frozen on their airwaves? Very Happy
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:20 pm Reply with quote
wastrel wrote:
And if it makes anyone anywhere smile, it's crap.
Well considering that I've found every episode of Yuri Kuma thus far to be an equal mix of fun and thought provoking whereas Yuru Yuri just bores me to tears I guess you're right.

Why do Yuru Yuri fans always resort to 'Oh, they must be one of those people who only like cynical psuedo intellectual garbage' whenever someone says something bad about the show. Why can't they just accept that some people simply don't think it's very good for what it is? Believe it or not, some people have different concepts of what they consider to be fun.
Texas84

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:32 pm Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
wastrel wrote:
Well considering that I've found every episode of Yuri Kuma thus far to be an equal mix of fun and thought provoking whereas Yuru Yuri just bores me to tears I guess you're right.

Why do Yuru Yuri fans always resort to 'Oh, they must be one of those people who only like cynical psuedo intellectual garbage' whenever someone says something bad about the show. Why can't they just accept that some people simply don't think it's very good for what it is? Believe it or not, some people have different concepts of what they consider to be fun.

Maybe because it really is cynical pseudo intellectual garbage to give unemployed liberal arts majors something to talk about? Although I do watch it for the cute girlies. Smile
Via_01

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:55 pm Reply with quote
I, for one, like both Yuri Kuma Arashi and YuruYuri, the first one for making me think, the second one for being moderately fun and a good way to pass time (things that I appreciate on an equal level).

Honestly, if we ignore the yuri part (something that YuruYuri doesn't have much of anyway), those two shows are just too different, so I don't see why people feel it's necessary to compare them. I mean, it'd be nice if it was a proper discussion, but if it goes badly 2 posts in then... yeah, why.

Anyway, nice to hear there's going to be a 3rd season, I'll be waiting for it air.
wastrel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:10 pm Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
wastrel wrote:

I agree with you completely -- different people find different things to be fun. You have every right in the world to not like Yuruyuri, for whatever reason you see fit.

But if you don't like it, why are you posting here about it? There are plenty of anime I don't like, so when I see an article about an anime I don't like, I don't read it. I don't reply to it. The only reason I can see to post in a thread about an anime I don't like is to crap all over the people who do like it, and even if I disagree with them I have more respect for them than to do that to them.

Just like the thousands of Attack on Titan fans can live their lives without ever knowing that I don't particularly like AoT, all the Yuruyuri fans can carry on with our miserable existences (it must be miserable if we lowly scum dare to like Yuruyuri, right?) without ever being informed that you, personally, are "bored to tears" by it.

So, again -- I'm really asking, this is not rhetorical -- why on earth are you posting here about a show you don't like? And I'm not refuting your right to do so, I'm wondering why you'd ever want to.
Actar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:27 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:

Wait. YuruYuri is Yuri?

SquadmemberRitsu wrote:

The issue is not that you have a different opinion, it's in the way you said it. Looking at your original comment, you were just blaming the show for being mediocre as opposed to saying that it was only mediocre to you (you might have seen it a million times before, but others might not). Such a distinction is important as by claiming it to be mediocre, you're not only criticizing the show, but those who like it will also feel affronted as they now have the distinction of liking something mediocre.

SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
No. Thank YOU for taking the time to make this worthless and completely unnecessary passive aggressive retort just because I have an opinion different from your own and can justify my way of thinking.

Also, how did you substantiate your way of thinking at all? By calling it repetitive? How was it repetitive? What could it have done better? How are all shows not derivative in one way or another? Why is repetition a bad thing? As mentioned above, have you taken into account the subjectivity of comedy by recognizing that there are others who might like it?

Besides, even if you do have a different opinion, do you have to post it? I'm not saying that you can't say what you want (because free speech), but if you're going to rain on the parade for fans (who are obviously happy about the 3rd season), be careful about how you say it and be prepared for some backlash.
Fipse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:10 am Reply with quote
Actar wrote:

Wait. YuruYuri is Yuri?

It's a comedy SoL where every girl happens to be gay.
誤称

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:31 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:

Criticizing? ROFL. What are you watching? Yuri Kuma Arashi is simply the next in a long line of terrible yuri shows. It really is nothing special and doesn't really have any sort of message other than "hey look at these fapbait lesbians grinding against each other and commenting on each other's delicious smells." I'm sorry, Koufuku Graffiti pulled that line off far better this season.

Seriously, YKA is full of horny fanboy fodder and shallow of any depth, much like the rest of the works of Morishima Akiko. Hell, it doesn't even have the charm of Hanjuku Joshi.

Maybe someday we'll have a truly great yuri show... Too bad Japan kneecaps them by only doing one cour of the best titles.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3