• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yuruyuri TV Anime Gets 3rd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swissman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:56 am Reply with quote
誤称 wrote:

Seriously, YKA is full of horny fanboy fodder and shallow of any depth, much like the rest of the works of Morishima Akiko. Hell, it doesn't even have the charm of Hanjuku Joshi.

"horny fanboy fodder"?

.... You do realize that her manga is being serialized in monthly Comic Birz which is clearly more geared towards a female readership than towards a male one, right?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fipse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:24 am Reply with quote
Swissman wrote:
誤称 wrote:

Seriously, YKA is full of horny fanboy fodder and shallow of any depth, much like the rest of the works of Morishima Akiko. Hell, it doesn't even have the charm of Hanjuku Joshi.

"horny fanboy fodder"?

.... You do realize that her manga is being serialized in monthly Comic Birz which is clearly more geared towards a female readership than towards a male one, right?

The manga is completely different from the anime.
Swissman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:13 pm Reply with quote
I don't get this Yuru Yuri vs. Yuri Kuma Arashi catfight.
Both shows are quite different in content as well as in aims. Yuru Yuri just wants to be cute by giving you a warm and fuzzy feeling. You're not supposed to think a lot in this show, it is not the main goal. That's why the characters are stereotypes, this is not bad by itself.
You don't like the characters because they are cutout-cardboards and the story is weak? ... So what? ... Just move on and don't piss on anybody's joy about a new season just because you happen to have an opposite opinion about the show. The same goes for Yuri Kuma Arashi. It is visually, thematically and narratively speaking clearly different than many other Yuri-based series. That's why it is more provocative why still being cute as possible. So you don't like this mix because you think it's pretentious or whatever, compared to what you like to see in anime? Fine, then talk about it in a different thread, but why here?

Nobody needs to be forced how to think or feel about a certain show. It's anime, not politics! Why not enjoy both shows for a change? Razz

@Fipse

That's true. Nevertheless, 誤称 is talking rubbish here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:38 pm Reply with quote
B-GradeMegumi wrote:
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
Oh boy. Another 12 episodes of dull, repetitive running jokes. I can barely contain my excitement.

I hope I don't get something like the first ep of Season 2 or the opening scene to Nachuyachumi again where it tricks me into thinking the comedy is heading in a uniquely wacky direction before going back to the same derivative anime humour I've seen a million times before for the rest of its run time. Being a bit more upfront about its mediocrity would certainly save me from being disappointed again.

Glad you took the time and energy to make this wonderful and necessary contribution to the thread. It's so constructive, and really adds to its content. Rolling Eyes

Next on Days of Our ANN Lives Mr. Pot meets Ms. Kettle. Is it true love? Will they call each other black? Will Kyoto Animation pick up the rights for the show? Stay tuned!

In case you missed the point B-GradeMegumi perhaps you should forgo insulting another user for something and then turn around and do it yourself. Just a friendly suggestion moving forward.
誤称

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:12 am Reply with quote
Swissman wrote:
誤称 wrote:

"horny fanboy fodder"?

You do realize that Comic Birz is a seinen magazine, right? Full of wonderful tales like "Tokyo Red Hood".

I mean demographics are hard.
Holo Wolfgod

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:43 am Reply with quote
who's Akari? I don't remember seeing her on the show...
誤称

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:36 am Reply with quote
Swissman wrote:

Reading the english Wikipedia page and discovering the word "seinen magazine" with a title you consider to be for adult males just because it happens to be from a hentai artist and is quite gore doesn't make you any wiser about the topic.

Why don't you have a look at the japanese site and consider the line up?
Do you see Hetalia on the cover? Does that title alone strike "seinen" to you? Or what about Lili Hoshino's "Yokai Otome Zakuro" or Kei Toume's Hitsuji no Uta? Typical "seinen" comics, hmm?

Yeah, right Laughing

Actually, yes. Vampires and overly pretty girls are very much classic seinen fare. Apparently you've never read any seinen comics, they're not just harems and gag comics.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Fipse wrote:

The manga is completely different from the anime.

Ssst, don't tell him its an anime orginal show.

{Do not over-quote. animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1529787 ~nbahn}
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3