• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls to Air in Split Seasons

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:07 am Reply with quote
Oh split cour. Not bad. I guess the other split will air in Summer. Anyways, looking forward to it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rogueywon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:10 am Reply with quote
That's good news. They were never going to be able to do justice to such a large cast with only a single cour to work with.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:26 am Reply with quote
I'm guessing they'll take this time to figure out how to improve it. It's doing pretty bad, popularity wise. It's just really REALLY bland. There's no humor, no energy...
Yadilie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:58 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
I'm guessing they'll take this time to figure out how to improve it. It's doing pretty bad, popularity wise. It's just really REALLY bland. There's no humor, no energy...

So, what you're saying is that it needs Iori.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:11 am Reply with quote
I don't outright hate Cinderella Girls or the movie that came out last year but they sure do a great job of letting me know exactly why Love Live is winning. Whereas Season 2 of Love Live was a huge improvement over the original that basically addressed every single problem I had, Idolm@ster only seems to be getting worse.

I mean, where's the heart wrenching emotion that brought me to tears in episode 20? Where's the fun antics and clever parodies that made me laugh until it hurt? Nowhere.

I would forgive the series for its pacing if it were two straight cours like I thought it would be but split cours drive me up the god damn wall. At the rate it's going (And the fact that this was only announced 4 episodes before the ending) I very much doubt we're getting a decent ending to hold us over until then.

The fact that they have the nerve to get a show that barely even feels like its gotten its feet off the ground 9 episodes in and tell me that these first 13 episodes are a full season (That will get a separate entry to Season 2 on sites like here and MAL) doesn't sit with me well either.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:19 am Reply with quote
New cast please

While the series is getting better, the main concern is the cast itself, if A-1 has keep Mio, Rin, and Uzuki, keep them and replace the others.

#NinaorBust
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:33 am Reply with quote
I like Anastasia and the chubby girl. Rest of them can go away. I don't even care bout her personality, there's an idol voiced by Ayana Taketatsu and I want to see her.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:41 am Reply with quote
Quote:

I mean, where's the heart wrenching emotion that brought me to tears in episode 20? Where's the fun antics and clever parodies that made me laugh until it hurt? Nowhere.

Because reactions are subjective, even if material is going for drama or comedy doesn't mean the viewership is going to react with strong emotions even if the media is properly going through the steps to garner an emotional response.
consignia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:45 am Reply with quote
Yadilie wrote:

So, what you're saying is that it needs Iori.

Before it started, I wanted there to be loads of cameos from the 765 Pro and 876 Pro idols. But as it's gone on, I really don't want there to be any cameos to dilute the cast even further. It's come to something bad when the most developed and interesting character in the series is the nameless producer. Most of the idols of have been lost to a sea of nothing because there's too many of them.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:13 am Reply with quote
Well it cool that its more then on cour but I hate split cours
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:23 am Reply with quote
Not surprised, the animation master cds for CG are only planned to go to 7 cds and they have 4 planned already. Which didn't add up with the unit numbers and cast list.

I'm guessing the split cour means they'll do another round of cds under a "season 2" name.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Split cour is the way to go if you want to maximize financial gain. Otaku get wearisome when there's a 2 cours show with just 2 episodes per volume, however for some reason they have hardly any issue with buying two one cour shows with 2 episodes per volume.
Progeusz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:47 pm Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
Quote:
Because reactions are subjective, even if material is going for drama or comedy doesn't mean the viewership is going to react with strong emotions even if the media is properly going through the steps to garner an emotional response.
Not exactly. Some scenes move almost everyone while others are commonly considered bland. And that's how it is with iM@S. There's nothing good about Cinderella anime.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Rogueywon wrote:
That's good news. They were never going to be able to do justice to such a large cast with only a single cour to work with.

We've known it was going to have a 2nd cour for a while, but it being split is a change. This is an emergency measure to prevent production from falling apart.

DmonHiro wrote:

No, it's just to avoid animation disasters like what Durarara's been going through. It's been known for a while that the show had a really bad production schedule so people have been waiting for it to shit the bed. This is their attempt to avoid that. They aren't likely to change amy of what they planned to do in story or character focus.

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I like Cinderella Girls more than the original. I know a number of others that are enjoying it quite a bit even if they like the original more. Other people are clearly in different company. I don't know that we have a good way to judge how it's performing for them since we can't really use BD preorder sales like normal. That's also not the only way they're getting money from. So we really don't have any indication right now that it's doing horribly or that they'd want to drastically change course.
AJ (LordNikon)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm sort of apathetic of CG over the 765 Pro series. Just as long as CG doesn't go all Xenoglossia on us, I'm fine with the way the show is now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2