• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Symphogear Season 3's Title, July Premiere, Cast, Staff, Visual Unveiled

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Artesox

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Its an action show, the story is odd but it somehow works, it should be a trainwreck but its always fun to watch, I really love it

And wow, singing Madoka? I know people love to compare everything to meguka since it apparently invented anime but I fail to see the similarities
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Will Miku get a new Symphogear?
Will Maria get a new cape? Since her Gungnir was based of her personality, I would still like to give her a cape. But the symbolism would be different. The cape is not to protect her, but to protect her friends.
Will Hibiki have a spear blade as an Armed Gear?
Will Berserker Hibiki come back? It's in the freaking logo.

And more importantly...
Will "Zettou - Ame no Habakiri" come back?
"Aa kizuna ni
subete wo toshita senkou no
ken yo"
SnowMusket

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Artesox wrote:
Its an action show, the story is odd but it somehow works, it should be a trainwreck but its always fun to watch, I really love it

And wow, singing Madoka? I know people love to compare everything to meguka since it apparently invented anime but I fail to see the similarities

The main character has the same voice actress as Madoka. So the main character is sort of a singing, hot blooded Madoka.
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Although her singing is really medicore. Especially comparing to Tsubasa and Chris seiyuus
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:33 pm Reply with quote
RealityCheck=3= wrote:
I can't understand why this show literally has such a huge fanbase.
Especially a show that initially tried to sell itself with angst and edginess... but then wrapped it all up with a pretty bow and stated no one died.

Of course, except Kanade... you know, the one girl that seemed like the most competent Symphogear user. but no one remembers her or cares, right? -.-;

This.
Tarage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:45 pm Reply with quote
RealityCheck=3= wrote:
I can't understand why this show literally has such a huge fanbase.
Especially a show that initially tried to sell itself with angst and edginess... but then wrapped it all up with a pretty bow and stated no one died.

Of course, except Kanade... you know, the one girl that seemed like the most competent Symphogear user. but no one remembers her or cares, right? -.-;

It's not a show you watch with your brain on. It's mindless entertainment with awesome fights and hilarious suffering. Thing Code Geass, only less twists and more hot blooded little girls singing and bleeding from their eyes.
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:03 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
This franchise always amuses me just like the Nanoha franchise where their beginnings were SO unanimously mediocre but then later were able to establish their identities to be like a female anthropomorphized super giant robot shows.

Nanoha though is actually good overall. Symphogear is just plain nonsense: one of those things that are so bad but so bad, that become good.

It it really feels like a videogame. Since I love games I like that feeling though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2