• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ai Kakuma, Minami Takahashi, Yūichi Nakamura Join High School DxD Season 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:24 am Reply with quote
The visuals of the new characters look nice.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:15 am Reply with quote
AKB48's Minami Takahashi? that will be interesting
Sacto0562

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:52 am Reply with quote
I would love to see an official translation of the original light novels (there are now 19 in print) in the USA, though.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:44 am Reply with quote
One of my fave harems.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:30 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
AKB48's Minami Takahashi? that will be interesting

she also worked on sega hi school girls (also ignoring mendol and majisuka gakuen), so she seems to be makign an interesting career besides her singing.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:41 am Reply with quote
I bet on 1000 bucks Funimation picks it up and after 3-4 weeks announces broadcast dub.

Cant wait for season 3<3 One of the best harem anime out there.
Chichiryuutei

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:31 am Reply with quote
Sacto0562 wrote:
I would love to see an official translation of the original light novels (there are now 19 in print) in the USA, though.

I'd preorder all 19 novels the second they're available. I've read up to 17 and started learning Japanese to not wait for Code Zero to translate whenever he wants (Though I'm super thankful because it's thanks to him that I've read 17 LNs). I keep asking @YenPress but at this point I don't know what they're waiting for. The manga sold well in the US and it obviously doesn't have the backing that other series get just because it has nudity lol

TheMorry wrote:
I bet on 1000 bucks Funimation picks it up and after 3-4 weeks announces broadcast dub.

can't wait for season 3<3 One of the best harem anime out there.

Dude, Funimation has the rights to this puppy. It has been a great seller for them. No way Funi is going to let Crunchyroll have it. Also, Funimation has a great dub cast that has done an incredible job (I still prefer the sub but the dub version is just as good. Think Steins;Gate which is excellent in both formats). I wouldn't be surprised if they actually simuldub this because they know it'll be a seller.

Finally, we get to see Sairaorg and all the crazy events of LNs 5 & 6. I hope that the scarcity of updates regarding the episode count means that they are planing 12+ eps. I'd say 16-20 would get them to animated everything without been rushed but I'm just so happy that it's back. The Harem King lives! Oppais for Life!
jopjopjop

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Chichiryuutei wrote:
Finally, we get to see Sairaorg and all the crazy events of LNs 5 & 6. I hope that the scarcity of updates regarding the episode count means that they are planing 12+ eps. I'd say 16-20 would get them to animated everything without been rushed but I'm just so happy that it's back. The Harem King lives! Oppais for Life!

Season 3 will only have 12 episodes. That was already confirmed.

Just like the previous seasons, there will be 6 Volumes of BD/DVDs with 2 episodes each.
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:53 pm Reply with quote
More characters to add to my..I mean Issei's harem.
glgunblade

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Season 3 covers up to volume 6 and 17 volumes have been released?
We'll never get to see that many anime seasons to cover it all and I can't be bothered to read the LN's Sad
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:21 pm Reply with quote
glgunblade wrote:
Season 3 covers up to volume 6 and 17 volumes have been released?
We'll never get to see that many anime seasons to cover it all and I can't be bothered to read the LN's Sad

If they waited until until the LN's final volume came out and it didn't have an anime at all until then, then they could have a longer series to cover more volumes.
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Sacto0562 wrote:

well considering that the manga is released in the US, and its very popular, its possible that the light novels can be next. if SAO and Index can have their LNs released in the US , i'm pretty sure DxD would have theirs released in the US eventually unless the fanservice is beyond over the top that ratings board would be forced to have them in the adults only category which is a possibility since the manga itself have an M rating.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
thaivuN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Yuichi Nakamura definitely is a fit as Sairaorg
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1