• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Free! Anime's Predecessor High Speed! Gets Manga, Nobunaga Shimazaki in Cast

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kannami

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:08 pm Reply with quote
The mook is one volume (Volume 5) and its Haruka and Rin. Volume 4 was Haruka and Makoto
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:16 pm Reply with quote
I'm really happy about all these new Free/High Speed adaptions we're getting. I've really been missing this show; I can't believe how attached I've gotten to it lol.

I hope there is a chance that the manga makes it over to the US (and if it does well then the novels, but I'm going too far into the future and I won't set my hopes too high lol). I hope the manga does the part where, spoiler[ I think, Haru almost drowns in a stream (or gets sick or faints) and Makoto freaks out or something like that. ] Can't remember though. It's been awhile. Also the emotional spoiler[ locker room scene before the race. ] I really liked the first novel though so I hope all of it gets turned into a manga and I hope the chapters don't take too long to be published.

And lol dem friendship bracelets Anime hyper
Michael Nathanael T.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:33 am Reply with quote
As a male, I say: Gay-ness overload. It hurts my eyes.
leongsh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:54 am Reply with quote
The sound of the cash registers collectively going “ka-ching" is so loud, I can barely hear myself think Anime hyper
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:07 am Reply with quote
Michael Nathanael T. wrote:

As a man I say, if you have nothing productive to say check yourself at the door and leave your negativity the other side.

I really need to catch up with Free, I really enjoyed what I saw of the first season but one thing lead to another and its fallen down my list of priorities. By the looks of things I'm going to have to scrap the rest of the list and catch up as this looks like my cup of tea.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Crisha

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:24 am Reply with quote

As a mod, I say: Please keep such opinions to yourself.

@Tsuna - I found the 2nd season even more enjoyable than the first. So, yes, definitely bump it up some.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
quaton

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:51 am Reply with quote
TsunaReborn! wrote:
I really need to catch up with Free, I really enjoyed what I saw of the first season but one thing lead to another and its fallen down my list of priorities. By the looks of things I'm going to have to scrap the rest of the list and catch up as this looks like my cup of tea.

Although I liked the first season better the second one is definitely worth a watch.
There's still a lot of time until the movie anyway haha.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:07 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed the first season more, but the second was fun too!

I'm curious to see how they'll handle this one. I don't want them to push both novels into both films, personally. Best case scenario, a film per book would be nice. It'll be nice to see all those book-only side characters who never even appeared in illustrations.
Kannami

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:29 am Reply with quote
From what I have heard, novel 1 is going to be adapted into the manga, novel 2 into the movie
RingoPanda

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:48 am Reply with quote
YES!! This made my day ^ v ^ So excited for this.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:40 pm Reply with quote
After working on Saint Seiya: Lost Canvas and its Gaiden spin-off for almost a decade, I thought Teshirogi would want to create something of her own instead of doing yet another series based on someone else's creations. She's definitely got the talent for that.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:20 pm Reply with quote
I've GOT to ask, since we've had numerous examples of the other option (show about cute middle school girls, targeted to guys) and they're often derided as "creeper" material. Do we not have "oogie" vibes about taking a show clearly targeted to women and now "de-aging" the characters down to middle school? Especially considering that we're talking about a show where the guys all prance around in speedos?

I'm not a fan of "Free", but I can understand the appreciation it received especially in light of the ratio of it compared to say the "K-On"s of the world. But K-On (in the manga) actually followed the girls into college rather than making a prequel back in middle school. Are we happy hypocrites? Or are we all fine with using underage characters to fan-pander as long as it's available to both sexes?
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:50 pm Reply with quote
So... shota fanservice, huh? It was bound to happen, I suppose. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a subset of fujoshi that liked shota fan service like how some male otaku like loli fanservice. Te main demographic for Free are fujoshi after all.
Hawkmonger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:56 am Reply with quote

I think between this and your avatar I can judge what kind of basement dwelling scum you are. Your opinion are not welcome here.

I only started to watch Free! a few night ago and i'm really enjoying it. Though none of the characters have jumped out at me yet it certainly has the framework and potential to become a firm favorite.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:08 am Reply with quote
willag wrote:
@Tsuna - I found the 2nd season even more enjoyable than the first. So, yes, definitely bump it up some.

Thank you for your words of wisdom oh great and wise Willag-sensei, if you say to move it up I shall do so. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2