• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Testament of Sister New Devil (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shikiari

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

Well... after the Crunchyroll Episode image was censored too, I had guessed we were in for some serious fan service... I wasn't wrong. Well, let me put it this way. It looked like it might have been good fan service but I guess I'll have to buy the Blu-ray to find out if it was, much like previous episodes.

So continuing with the show, I've actually been turned off spoiler[Yuuki at this point. She acts so desperate and willing to stoop to any level to 'Outdo' Mio... Can I say Slut or Whore here? ]

I'm going to leave the arc pan out before I comment, but it does look like your spoiler[bog standard heroine rescue] from the early signs. Zest does peak my intrigue a bit and I quite like her character design, so I'm looking forward to seeing her next time.
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:16 pm Reply with quote
The fan service is ridiculous and silly and pretty much pointless because of the extreme amount of censoring.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10

I actually quite enjoyed this episode even though it was heavily cliche written.

"Maria... You gotta see her..." If you thought Maria couldn't get any better then she just did. I was hoping that we'd get to see more of the 'succubus' side to her, such as charms/ illusions and this episode was great for that. Her spoiler[true self was incredibly seductive and I can see why she chose to keep it locked up.]

The action between spoiler[Zest and Mio/Yuuki was nice to and I'm glad that they didn't decide to "Finish Her!" which ultimately means she'll end up joining Basara's Harem.] Good work ladies!

That spoiler[Zolgia] seems like a right piece of work and let's hope that Basara and co. can defeat him next time.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:33 am Reply with quote
The only thing better than a demon loli or succubus is spoiler[one which has its true power and form released].

I am kind of hoping that with the bad guy spoiler[looking into our hero's power] that we will get a Medaka Box sort of thing spoiler[and that he will be struck with fear when he learns the the tru nature]
Shikiari

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:17 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

Best episode so far, by a country mile.

Everything just seemed to slot nicely together but we shall see what happens next week regarding the interesting ending we had.
It was also nice to see spoiler[Mio, not Basara "defeating" Zolgia and Lars returning to hopefully finish the job.
]

Maria's mother, Shella was pretty cute also. I can see where she gets her charms from.

Looking forward to next week now, especially that a spoiler[second season has been announced for October!]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:33 am Reply with quote
Shikiari wrote:
Maria's mother, Shella was pretty cute also. I can see where she gets her charms from.

Agreed.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12

Another good episode to finish the first season on a high. It just shows that when Testament tries and doesn't rely on heavy "censored" fan-service that it can do a pretty decent job. It's not Highschool DxD quality but there's a place for it out there.

Everything was wrapped up nicely by the time the ending rolled. spoiler[The Demon monster defeated and Zolgia finished off (though seeing a fairly dark side to Basara in the process was interesting).]

There was some great unseen fan service near the end. Mio acting spoiler[pretty cute after some rough groping and then Maria taking Basara for herself when having to decide between Mio or Yuuki.
Jin then appeared after the credits, acting rather badass, sitting in the Demon Lord's chair and basically sounding like he's about to start a war.]

In all, I'm pretty excited to see what direction the show takes come it's return in October. So in that aspect, it's done it's job. Now... all we need is for the uncensored version to be released so we can see what we've been missing these past 12 episodes.
Raftina

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:39 pm Reply with quote
You left out the most important piece of information: spoiler[What happened to the loli mother]?
Yamstarch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:06 pm Reply with quote
I just started this series. 4 episodes in. I think the show is cute and fun... or is it fun and cute? That is all.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:34 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

This censored version is such a tease, we can't even get spoiler[some hot, tongue action kissing]. Oh, we did get what I think was spoiler[a fetus when we saw the remains of one of Zest's sisters]. Zest might have been small, but on design alone she was second to Maria and her mother. Well in general it felt like Maria was the most fun. The end gets me interested in there being more, as long as it does not just try to repeat things like some series do.

Without even seeing the actual ecchi I can say it is a little Highschool DxD, although it does feel like there is some quality stuff behind there. Similarly their was okay plot that it was not entirely mindless, all in all it works out as good guilty pleasure, a must watch for those who like demon girls. I ended up buying the DVD of DxD, because of course I would, so even if it is not the pinnacle of anime, it can provide some relevant entertainment, which those censors tell my that I want to see. I rate the show Good, for a subset of the audience it is worth seeing. Also, I did not really bring it up before but the male lead is actually likable, other shows can turn such characters into perverted losers, and even though he does some perverted things it was not the case, plus he actually did things.
Yamstarch

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Finished it. All caught up. Now to wait until October! Loved it all. I don't even mind the ecchi moments being censored. My imagination is dirty enough.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:09 pm Reply with quote
wait for the bluray version.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:10 am Reply with quote
Was that Zest in a maid outfit at the very end?
Shikiari

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:06 pm Reply with quote
OVA

Well I'll call it an OVA but it was the unaired episode that was bundled with the eighth light novel volume and it was totally uncensored... Huzzah! Going to be as child friendly as possible here...

So it starts off with Maria invading and then actually participating in Mio's dreams. All I'll say is that Maria takes the image of Basara and there is a banana involved that she jokes "...almost feeding it to her other mouth..."
Obviously Basara appears to stop Maria in her tracks before it gets too graphic but is then treated to a dinner of his favourite food - Mio's panties in a soup which he accidentally eats as they are rolled up. Yuki then turns up and demands that he eats hers... Yeah...

The second half of the episode involves Basara and Hasegawa. Firstly whilst in the nurses office, he helps her undo a onepiece swimsuit as the zip is stuck over her breasts and then she invites him back to her for dinner and afterwards they take a bath together. Which gets awfully heated after she assumingly orgasms and goes to give him a good time with her breasts, but is once again cut before anything too graphic happens.

In all a good extra episode that, with the now uncensored first season, is making me pretty excited for the second season.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Literally no one on this writing staff had any self restraint. I suspect the story was written the author's penis. Sheesh Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7