• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Listen To Me Girls, I'm Your Father! (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woody1193

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:52 pm Reply with quote
It can't be . . . It's IMPOSSIBLE!!
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:09 am Reply with quote
Oh my, Hina must be the luckiest being in existence. Winning a family vacation with just a roll like that, and using Raika's plentiful wealth as a pillow?

Good things really are destined for those who are that adorable.
Polycell

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm... Crunchyroll neither has this one listed nor have they retracted their 26 episode claim. Is there some meaning in this?

Can't wait to watch the OVA, though(won't be able to do so ere the morn, though Crying or Very sad ).
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:42 am Reply with quote
OVA (This one)

By the looks of it this is set further in the story that we finished on in the anime. By now it looks like they are all living back in the old house, somewhat confusing that the OP would depict them still in the apartment then, not that I am complaining about the songs as they are still great, even if they had Coloring twice. They also had a new character, apparently called Shiori Kitahara, and appears to be their neighbour and a high school student.

Ecchi stuff was strong here, especially on the yuri area. But third part was best, of course a Hina story. Amazing how you can fall for her cuteness, spoiler[you know she did the wrong thing, but your heart just breaks seeing her with tears]. And then they pulled thespoiler[ revelation that Hina actually wanted to ride the Ferris wheel so she could show her mother the drawing she made on her mother birthday]. Any dry eyes after that?
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:17 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
OVA (This one)

By the looks of it this is set further in the story that we finished on in the anime. By now it looks like they are all living back in the old house, somewhat confusing that the OP would depict them still in the apartment then, not that I am complaining about the songs as they are still great, even if they had Coloring twice. They also had a new character, apparently called Shiori Kitahara, and appears to be their neighbour and a high school student.

Ecchi stuff was strong here, especially on the yuri area. But third part was best, of course a Hina story. Amazing how you can fall for her cuteness, spoiler[you know she did the wrong thing, but your heart just breaks seeing her with tears]. And then they pulled thespoiler[ revelation that Hina actually wanted to ride the Ferris wheel so she could show her mother the drawing she made on her mother birthday]. Any dry eyes after that?

I was tearing up a bit myself with the end of the last part.

As for the OVA itself, the first part was good, I didn't care for the second part, and the last part was easily the best of the three. The first part was too short. The 2nd part was too dragged out and while I don't dislike Miu, I just could get into it. The last part, I will agree that it is spoiler[tear streaming central]. Hina was always the only character from the show who I got a huge moe reaction out of an this proved no different.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Well, this OVA was packaged with a novel or a manga volume, right? While the readers of those won't have problems, people who've only seen the anime won't have any idea who Shiori is. As DuskyPredator said, she's their neighbour and a high school student. At first she was distrustful of Yuuta but he eventually won her over.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Season 2 where???!!
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Lol @ all the fan service in the OVA. Oh Raika-chan. Hina was just adorable though in the second half. So cute~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:56 pm Reply with quote
watched both OVAs. liked the first one, didn't really care much for the second one, except for Hina's part.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:00 am Reply with quote
So with the final novel came an OAD that covers the ending. Be warned: spoiler[it's Oreimo all over again.]
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:49 am Reply with quote
^
More like spoiler[Usagi Drop.]

Oh my god. spoiler[He rejected Raika's confession and now he's going to marry Sora?] Ugh.

I don't know whether I'm feeling outraged, disgusted, or both. I thought this franchise was telling an emotionally touching story about family sticking together through hard times, not a creepy one about spoiler[accepting vulnerable girls into your home so you can practice wife husbandry. And yes, I know Yuuta was oblivious to Sora's feelings for most of the light novels, but that's just a cheap and futile attempt to make him blameless. And besides, the result is still the same.]

Japanese people are screwed up in the head.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:09 am Reply with quote
I read the idea was spoiler[he had to marry Sora so they'd be 'real' family] or some bullshit. At least spoiler[he waited until she was 18 I guess?]

I honestly don't particularly mind that sort of story development but the problem is spoiler[he was all about Raika for 16/18 novels with no romantic inclinations towards Sora.] So it's a total asspull, one that I often complain about writers doing.
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:56 am Reply with quote
Yea, I guess I'm glad I decided not to try this one out. I thank Bamboo for scaring me away from it by mentioning how the girls kept eating "dick-shaped foods."
Key

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:14 am Reply with quote
That problem was, in my opinion, vastly overstated. I never noticed it myself while watching it.

I ended up very much liking this series, so I'm sorely disappointed to hear that it turned out that way.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:38 am Reply with quote
That was nowhere near as bad as spoiler[Oreimo]. I mean, maybe it is in the novels, but in the OVA, it's actually rather touching. Not the fact that spoiler[they're getting married]. That's pretty "ugh," but so were a lot of the camera pans of the show proper. But I thought the way they used it to connect back to the parents was the same kind of compelling family story that impressed me so much about the anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 20 of 22