• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Isuca (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:31 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Shimazu was feeling down and guilty.
Guess it's all because of what happened to Sakuya.
That "date" with Suseri was kinda nice.
It was a taste of normal life..
Suseri got hurt trying to seal a spectre.
Of course Asano had to lend a helping hand.
Flashback to Suseri's childhood provided some useful new info.
Nice episode end.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:18 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

Perhaps I am being to cynical, but I can't see Suseri in that great a light, just look at her actions. She kept trying to seduce him to use his powers, she forced him to kiss Sakuya when she found out doing so could reveal her name. And here she spoiler[bargained with a strong creature so she could make herself look strong yet there is a time limit until she just sets it free, a monster we saw hurt normal people in the first episode].

Suseri seems to want to stand on her own now, but spoiler[even the power she used and stopped the wolf to question was borrowed]. She has bullied Sakuya because spoiler[she did not get to play when she was a child], commenting on her ethnicity, and saying that she is the selfish one. She is the one who has treated him as useful primarily for his power, that the difference in upbringing was something even more unfair to her.

Last edited by DuskyPredator on Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:14 pm Reply with quote
the two of you mislabeled the ep number. this was ep 8, not 9.

Susuri is no longer useless. good for her
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:35 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Sakuya was having self-doubt issues.
The whole other Isuca things was obviously bothering her.
She has a fear of losing Shinichiro as well.
Guess she's quite fond of him.
Sakuya's grandma is the lolliest one there ROFL
Guess it was time for some things to get explained..
Looks like the final battle has started!]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:38 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

Not a bad ending, but the series in general has not been that great. I really don't have much to say on the ending, that there were moments like gore or nudity does give it some extra points, but as it as usual uses thick black censors to cover it, watching this version did not help it that much. Against the grain of what seem to be what most people thought, I actually quite liked Sakuya. I know that it seems that people are turning against tsundere, but regardless of what even the show said I thought that she was understandable not quite a bad version. I had more of a problem with the male lead who really did seem to shoot his mouth off when he had no idea what he was talking about. It really seemed shallow that the male lead would call Sakuya selfish say she should do things like let her cousin stay over, when clearly despite how the cousin may have looked level headed she was very selfish.

There are a number of problems with this show, which I take back to the first episode where I said that there were some awful transitions, and I think that fact has kind of stayed with the show. Rather than actions feeling organic it really felt unnatural how events would happen like the nurse for some reason tells cousin to seduce the male lead. And most confusing was that they had to create a reason why the male lead had to join Sakuya on her dangerous missions with the flimsiest reasoning, and then later in the series acts like only now he is getting involved. Something I liked was Tamako, sure she was servicey but she made sense in this world and was in general fun.

I rate it Not really good. It was only 10 episodes long, and it was not because it had quality, it was fun because it often did not pull punches, but it also could not pull everything together very well.
Yamstarch

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:40 am Reply with quote
I have yet to come across one of these animes that I didn't like.

I may be coming off biased here because I kind of like the Tsundere character thing. This show is so much like Familiar of Zero to me with a dash of Testament of Sister New Devil and that's why I think I liked it so much. I personally can't get enough of these shows and I hope they keep going. Besides, I hate when a show teases that there is more to come, but then it never gets made.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:56 pm Reply with quote
this was pretty dull. I like the the final battle, it looked a little bit better than what the show was giving us the whole run.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3