• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Answerman - Regret-tinged Nostalgia

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Antonio Bravo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Ugoki wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
I always see non-Murricans talking about all of the anime their countries aired when they were kids, like Saint Seiya all over the place and Harlock in France, and both of those and more in Italy. It would have been nice to see those WMT anime get dubbed since they're mostly European or North American works to begin with. Though I'd question their feasibility of licensing even now, not many people are chomping at the bit to see the new Anne or Les Miserables.

Only Little Women and Swiss Family Robinson got dubbed in English, IIRC. You can watch them in Smile of A Child if you want to.

And about the new Anne and Les Mis, it's still getting dubbed in non-English languages, like Arabic for example.

It's interesting that each countries have their own favorite WMTs. Philiphine loved Little Princess Sara and Little Prince Cedie so much that they made their own live-action version. In Israel, Marco was popular enough to be referenced in the news. And motherfucking Iran loved Lucy and Katri.
That's not true. Tom Sawyer was dubbed as well. I wish SOAC would pick that up. Plus,Smile Of A Child is sadly not available on Dish Network,Directv, or Cox Communications and Charter Just dropped it a Month ago. I just wish SOAC goes to every provider to watch good old school WMT. I have Uverse but my friend has Dish. He's disappointed.Sad
bravetailor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Antonio Bravo wrote:
That's not true. Tom Sawyer was dubbed as well. I wish SOAC would pick that up. Plus,Smile Of A Child is sadly not available on Dish Network,Directv, or Cox Communications and Charter Just dropped it a Month ago. I just wish SOAC goes to every provider to watch good old school WMT. I have Uverse but my friend has Dish. He's disappointed.Sad

Smile of a Child streams their shows on their website, so your friend can watch them online. In fact, Little Women is about to come on in a few minutes just as I'm writing this post.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Please review our necroposting guidelines. If anyone wishes to continue the discussion, then please do so in the Anime Forum. Am locking the thread.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7