• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Rolling Girls (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Another fabulous episode with the colorful fights, feuding, and drama. Ah...just one more week left but I'm starting to miss the show already.

Kinda odd fighting the usage of spoiler[mecha] in this though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:28 am Reply with quote
I cringed a few times when Momo's spoiler[biological mother looked at Momo on the ground and it showed the hairpin still in her hair despite the fact it was clearly taken out by Ai].
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:08 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

I have to wonder if it my fault that I had such a tough time following the plot of for the last few episodes. It has felt like this arc was so chaotic and poorly explain that it largely became an exercise in pretty colours and pretending that I understand everything while picking things up. It felt like I missed a bunch of development of characters, and many of the characters that were important I kind of did not care about. When there were fewer characters in bite sized arcs like the Akihabara episode I could follow it fairly well, but this just became what I have seen other describe as a "tangled mess".

I would say that some of the final moments were okay with a spoiler[goodbye to Chiaya, although I can't even remember if they were all in a position to just accept it]. How they spoiler[met in the past] looked cute. I was a little confused with some of the rundown what characters are doing now, namely the spoiler[giant squid thing turning into a woman]. But I think that I took from it that really it was all the characters doing their own thing, they had different paths to take, yet the girls still there could meet up. Trying to think of a moral to the story it might be that I was wrong about it being a coming of age story where the girls would be strong and Nozomi could become like her hero. Instead it was coming of age became strong in what they were, Nozomi was not meant to turn into like Macha Green as a fighter, because it really was not in her nature, she was completely happy helping from the sidelines, and I guess we have seen that such a role can be very important in the different arcs.

The series started out good, but it just went from arcs that were loaded with a bit too much politics, and finished with a mess. I will rate it as So-so, that I had so much trouble following everything later kind of soured the series.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:53 am Reply with quote
@ DP - don't worry, you weren't the only one who had trouble following the plot. I suspect that once the final dub (not the simulcast one) is done, that maybe? ... things will be more clear.

Despite my perplexity at what was going on, I ended up rating this show Very Good. Mainly because I liked the artwork, the characters and the humour.

I just hope I eventually come to understand it better.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:44 am Reply with quote
I was going to ask spoiler[why the professor didn't go back with the ship], but I'm going to assume no one knows.
phia_one

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:14 pm Reply with quote
I just watched the last few episodes today and I couldn't help but be reminded about what happened with Galilei Donna in regards to its train wreck of an ending. Not to say that both endings were on the same level of train wreck, GD was one of the worst endings I've ever seen. RG's ending was disappointing certainly, but it was an enjoyable watch overall.

It's a shame it didn't get a few more episodes so that the main four girls could have got more depth. Most of the side characters were written better than the main four.

Yttrbio wrote:
I was going to ask spoiler[why the professor didn't go back with the ship], but I'm going to assume no one knows.

Honestly, that was my biggest question about the ending.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:35 pm Reply with quote
What I want to know is, who was that squid lady back at the tea pot office? did the spoiler[President return, somehow younger], or was there another spoiler[stow away] in the the octopus pots?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3