• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ju-on: The Final Film's Teaser Looks Back on Horror Franchise

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReifuTD

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:44 am Reply with quote
The are American/Japanese movies cannon to this? I seem to remember hearing they continued the story from the first two the Japanese movies.
unitmikey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:02 pm Reply with quote
(I have not seen all of the Japanese Ju-on films, but I've seen most)

And the American films are most likely not going to be cannon. The first is a pretty direct remake.

And regardless of quality, I don't think it can reach the lows of the third American Grudge film.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:47 pm Reply with quote
unitmikey wrote:

And regardless of quality, I don't think it can reach the lows of the third American Grudge film.

Yeah I agreed. As far as I know, Japanese films can't hold up to Hollywood nor their neighbor's film industry. I mean I seen films from South Korea and Mainland China that can probably outdo Japanese one in term of production values, budget, and cinematography. It doesn't help that most of the recent Japanese films are not being exported outside of Japan. I mean even streaming sites like Dramafever (which has both Korean and Chinese film catalog don't have any Japanese film aside from some catalog of J-dramas). So I'm not sure if Ju-on: The final film will get a US release.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1