• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Official Anime-Related Figures Thread.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geishageek

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:35 am Reply with quote
errinundra,

Here are a couple photo's of Madoka I have after unboxing her. They are not the greatest quality and not as close as I had hoped, but it should give you at least some sense of size. The bustle on her dress is what makes her look large. She herself is only 1/8th, which on the smaller side of scaled figures.

People on MyfigureCollection.net have better photos of her with other figures and she fits in with almost anything.

Athelia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:27 pm Reply with quote
The Ultimate Madoka figma is lovely as well - that is what I have - although it did need an extra Tamashii stage to help hold her in the air.

Unfortunately I can't really get a picture of her at the moment since we're in the middle of re-organizing and there are lots of Rubbermaid tubs blocking the figure shelves. We (my husband and I) have too many figures. We're both addicts!

The bulk of the collection is figma, figuarts, and Transformers(both domestic and imported), but there are a lot of other random things too. I'm happy to see this thread to chat with others about our loves for figure/toy collecting!
MagicallyDelicious

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:46 am Reply with quote
errinundra wrote:
Some questions to those people with Ultimate Madoka.

Does she dominate her surrounding figurines?

Did she thrill you when she arrived?

Does she still thrill you?

Does she accurately match the image (especially her face) from the TV series?

Does it matter?

I think she makes a perfect center piece for a display. She wobbles on the base quite a bit and there was a tragic accident with her bow that I have yet to fix (it's why she's using the less fancy version) but I still love seeing her.

I found some pictures of when I first got her:

This is how she looks standing next to a bunch of other figures

---

I got my new Card Captor Sakura figure in the mail just the other day. She's perfect. I spent too much money on her but I couldn't find her any cheaper than I did... but oh well, she's adorable.

Also got Sailor Mars (the rest are still in the mail)

Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:57 pm Reply with quote
In honor of the re release of Cardcaptor Sakura, I thought I would post some items I've had for a while.

First some figures:
[

A doll

Some additional outfits:
[

And finally Kero and the Book of Clow
[

Last edited by Alan45 on Thu May 16, 2019 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Errinundra

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:04 am Reply with quote
Thanks, geishageek, Athelia and MagicallyDelicious. I appreciate your posts.

I'm kinda torn about her. I agree she looks lovely but I do have some reservations about the figure. What struck me about her momentary appearance as Ultimate Madoka in the final episode is the power she exudes, which I think comes from her steely gaze, her upright stance and the way she has her arms. Her femininity adds to that power. Here's the screenshot again.

The figure seems to lack the sense of power. It's her arched body, her not-quite-right eyes, the inward pointing feet and how generally she comes across as girly rather than feminine.

Since I posed the question, things have moved along. The Under the Dog Kickstarter has me committing my foreseeable anime budget.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:28 am Reply with quote
Alrighty, as promised, here are photos of some of my new figurine acquisitions. I was too lazy to photograph all of them but I'll eventually get to photographing them.

First off, a photograph of several of my figurine placed on my desk. I've since moved a few to a shelve located near my bed.

One of my latest acquisitions is Ikaruga from Senran Kagura. As I mentioned in my previous post, she is an incredibly fun figure -- mostly because of the playablility you get with her breasts (which feels like rubber).

Yes, that's how I drink my Chrysanthemum tea now. Laughing

Next up is Tharja/Sallya from the Fire Emblem series. It's a wonderfully sculpted figure -- I love her design and posture.

A very fine posterior she has as you guys can see. It's glorious.

I'm not entirely sure if I've uploaded these few photos before but this is one of my largest figures; it's a 1/6th scale Sakuya from Shining Blade.

Next, from the Muv Luv series.

A low quality photo of Tamakura Yui from Muv Luv Alt. Total Eclipse:

Meiya:

Cryska (Not sure if I've uploaded this either. . .):

From the Fate series:

Saber Lily:

Fate/Extra CCC's Caster:

She doesn't have the best facial quality but otherwise her body figure is great.

And the last batch of photos are Senjougahara from the Monogatari Series and Misuzu from Oreshura:

Senjougahara:

I accidentally bought 2 of these figures -- one from AmiAmi and one form Crunchyroll. I had planned on mailing the extra one to a friend but have been way too lazy to get his address.

I have one figure left which is an Idolm@ster Cinderella girl but did not unbox it yet. Maybe I'll unbox it when I receive my new orders but as long as I lack room space, I don't see myself unboxing anything for a while.

This post took way longer than I expected -- I was thinking 15 minutes would be enough to post everything but it ended up taking an hour to find the good photos I had and when I didn't have any decent shots I just posted what I had. And yikes, it turned out incredibly long.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:33 am Reply with quote
RWBY Figures from Mcfarlane Toys.

Errinundra

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:04 am Reply with quote
@Alan45

Thanks for the tip (via PM) about the Barbie stands. I got one and although it does stand out I think it was worth it. Mireille is now quite stable.

I suppose Noir is so long in the tooth now Ms Bouquet needs a walking frame.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Really like those Meiya and Cryska figures Embraceme. Might have to add those to my wishlist.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:01 pm Reply with quote
@Psycho_101

Unfortunately, I think they're sold out at this point.

Got two new additions to show off this time around. I also picked up a Nikon D3300 so my photos will bear better quality; I'm still learning about it's functions so these photos will be noobish at best.

First up, Rage of Bahamut's Cerberus:

Mine came with a broken piece so I had to attempt to fix it with some Tamiya Cement glue at first. It went terrible and ruined my figure a little bit but I ended up using super glue which remedy my dilemma.

With the broken piece off:

Fixed!:

Next, Rin Shibuya from Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls:

DKL

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Oh, so this thread exists.

ANYWAY... I don't know what happened, but I recently got into this... I've been going in very hard.

(likely as a means to make up for lost time... I never knew how godlike this stuff was)

Here is like my MFC profile:

http://myfigurecollection.net/collection/DKL

Lastly, I've been making a (slow) attempt to document all of my stuff in photos (but, what's actually happening is that I'm practicing how to use my camera... might as well practice with this stuff).

So far, I've done...

Zero Suit Samus:

http://imgur.com/a/yVIId#0

Totori (Meruru version):

http://imgur.com/a/OpZHR#0

Milla Maxwell (pack-in from Tales of Xillia CE.. also, a bunch of guests show up in the picture):

http://imgur.com/a/2YSCH#0

That said, I guess the most relevant thing right now is that I've recently receive items with some defects, documented here:

http://imgur.com/a/Jmp1G#0

The items in question are...

Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai - Gokou Ruri - 1/8 - Tsugi no Jugyou wa Pool Ver: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/167312

Hataraku Maou-sama! - Sasaki Chiho - 1/7 - Mizugi de Tentekomai Ver.: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/167175

While I was surprisingly whatever with it (surprising considering that the Kuroneko thing is actually pretty bad), I have made an attempt to communicate my issues with Amiami, primarily out of curiosity with how they handle this stuff.

ANYWAY, both items are from the same manufacturer (Toy's Works) and I was wondering if maybe this was like a common thing with them.

So yeah... that's all for now lol
DKL

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Er, two things...

Pictures of the Fire Emblem Tharja statue:

http://imgur.com/a/7HFyY#0

Also, does anyone have any experience ordering from Anime Island?

I'm looking at their prices right now and it's pretty ridiculous... considering how much I order, it may actually be a good idea for me to just go here next year for anything past March (my latest Amiami preorder).

I guess the only drawback is that you have to down 20%, but that's not really an issue for me.

So yeah... any comments about the place?
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:46 pm Reply with quote
I grabbed a Sayaka Figma from there after everybody sold out of preorders Japan-side; since I managed to get my order in in early April and get her shipped by late June, they did make it on my list for last-minute shoppping(they even got a second run of Sayaka slotted in before mine even arrived), but their prices were always fairly high(last I punched some numbers, importing from Japan turned out cheaper) so I only ever poked around their inventory on occasion(and never felt the need to order something else in that especial crunch situation).

Looking about now, I see that their best feature is definitely accepting the broadest array of payment options I've ever seen in this market segment, which may well prove attractive even at the higher prices.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:48 pm Reply with quote
With the data loss this page got driven back to last September.

OK, lets try this again.

I've been avoiding nendoroids but I found a couple of must buys.

The first is Miss Monochrome. In the show she found out about figures and wanted to become one. She comes complete with a charging station, her boyfriend the Roomba and a box with her nendoroid.

Next is Renge from Non Non Biyori

Here she is right out of the box.
She comes with an alternate face and stand so she can play her recorder.
She can whistle for her tanuki
A third face and a background allow her to be surprised.
A cuteness overload.

Last edited by Alan45 on Thu May 16, 2019 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Errinundra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:58 am Reply with quote
Figma Devil Homura arrived today all the way from Right Stuf in the USA.

The collection.

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 98 of 111