• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto, Boruto, Sarada Unveiled From Naruto Spinoff Manga Mini-Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:39 am Reply with quote
HeeroTX wrote:

Would you prefer to name your kid:
-Bra
-Briefs
-Trunks

Or any of the large number of food related names used in Dragonball?

And I assume Naruto and Sasuke would support their kids getting together, in fact I'd expect them to encourage it, so they can live vicariously through their kids and see the forbidden love they always wanted.

Though the difference in tone makes things drastically more appropriate. Dragon Ball knew what it was, free of pretense and kept a consistent tone. Naruto can best be described as what a twelve-year-old thinks being an adult is thus the silly names just come off as stupid instead of amusing.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:50 pm Reply with quote
catandmouse wrote:
Yeah those names are awful.

And as someone else mentioned, I seriously cannot imagine Sasuke as a dad, and also cannot imagine him married to Sakura.
Anyway, their kid, Sarada, reminds me a whole lot of Karen, more than either Sakura or Sasuke. It's probably the glasses...even though I can believe it more if Sasuke had had a fling with Karen that resulted in a kid than he actually marrying Sakura and having a kid with her.

Well, Sakura is a tree, Sasuke is a soother, and Kakashi (Kaka) means "shit" in some languages, so weird names is nothing to for this franchise.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3