• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodansha Adds Ninja Slayer Kills, Cat Diary: Yon & Mu, 3 Persona/SMT Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Ninja Slayer also has a manga huh? How interesting. Nice pick ups. Definitely considering getting those.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Damn you, cat manga! I must buy it! Curious if it'll be the horrors that cats can inflict on normal humans (like running around in the middle of the night and bossing me around for cuddles when I'm half asleep, or feeling like their rough tongues are trying to dig a hole to my jugular) or just normal cat manga but dammit, I love cat manga!
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Ninja Slayer also has a manga huh?

This is actually the second one to get licensed.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-02-15/vertical-adds-kizumonogatari-novel-seraph-of-the-end-novels-ninja-slayer-manga/.85001
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:27 pm Reply with quote
More Junji Ito is always a good thing. Hope those last two volumes of Vinland do well,be a shame if that stopped here.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:40 pm Reply with quote
NINJA SLAYER KILLS CAT

That's what I thought it said for a second, anyway. And then I was all, "What the hell, Trigger, I'm not going to watch a show about some jerk who goes around killing cats."
skafreak51

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'm extremely happy Vinland Saga will be continued, but I can only pray that they'll continue it after Volume 7. However, it will be a while until new Japanese volumes are out anyway, so.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:19 pm Reply with quote
if they drop vinalnd after volume 7 they will get major reputation damage from it. I've pre-orederd volumes 6&7 so I've done my part and i recommend vinland saga to anyone looking for manga.
cloud8100

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, really really hope the volumes of Vinland Saga do better. I'm still surprised by it not doing well...
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:05 pm Reply with quote
I'm still waiting for the Ninja Slayer show to start.
eternalblue81

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:29 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Atlus USA published the game in North America, and it will also publish the updated port for Nintendo 3DS in May.

Based off the character on the cover image, this manga is based off of the first SMT: Devil Survivor game, which was released on DS in 2009 and had a 3DS version that was released in 2011.

The game that's coming out in May is the enhanced 3DS version of SMT: Devil Survivor 2. Both games have manga based off of them, but the story/characters of the game that comes out in May don't have anything to do with the manga that's been announced to be picked up.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:38 am Reply with quote
The cover shown is indeed the first volume of the manga of the first game, although I know there is a manga for the second game as well. I think I have the first 3 volumes in Japanese? Stoked for the English release
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
NINJA SLAYER KILLS CAT

That's what I thought it said for a second, anyway. And then I was all, "What the hell, Trigger, I'm not going to watch a show about some jerk who goes around killing cats."

you know what? Given Ninja Slayer "bio", I would totally read that Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1