• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Boy and the Beast's Trailer, 2nd Teaser Posted

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Awesome, that we got some more designs. I'm really looking forward to this feature. I'm really curious how it's going to turn out.
antasad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:31 pm Reply with quote
koinosuke wrote:
GalicianNightmare wrote:
Only Kappei Yamaguchi, huh? Man, I hate how these "art" directors view professional Japanese voice actors. Miyazaki went so far as to say that Laren Bacall(who is not a VA) was preferable to female VAs in Japan. Most people in Japan don't care about voice actors, but from what I hear about these films, most otaku regard the voice acting as "bad" because these guys focus more on naturalism than believable performances and the fact that they use green VOICE ACTORS! As little as I know about Japanese voice acting, I can at least hear something. Life, passion, excitement. These drama actors cannot voice act worth a darn. These are household names, not VAs. Stick to using real VAs, please, otherwise part of your film is going to suck. Even Oshii's GITS used some of the best Japanese talent available, such as Yamadera, Tanaka and Otsuka. Follow that path.

Considering that Miyazaki Aoi's Hana was one of the highlights of Wolf Children, I'm not worried. I honestly think that the naturalism you're decrying sometimes works better for films like Hosoda's and Ghibli's, which have a sort of naturalism throughout their whole film style. The fact is that these movies are aimed more at the average Japanese film goer and not otaku.

Upvote
Nooble5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:12 pm Reply with quote
My god. The soundtrack/OST used was amazing. THOSE TRUMPETS!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2