• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bubblegum Crisis BD now conveniently available cheaper for Canadian and European customers

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:56 am Reply with quote
Details here.

Last edited by GATSU on Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Dfens

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:34 pm Reply with quote
I don't see that they are getting it any cheaper? That $34.99 price is the lowest price and is for a DVD copy of the series. It's still $60.00 dollars for the basic set here state side.

If it was at that price I order one right this second.

All that the posting on the link says if you order the either version of the Blu-Ray set of Bubblegum Crisis Only, that Canadians won't have to pay customs fees and since it's shipped within Canada a lower shipping rate.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:47 am Reply with quote
Dfens: That's what the thread says: Cheaper, not discounted.
Dfens

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:13 pm Reply with quote
I still don't get what problem you are having with Anime Eigo and their new system to help Canadian customers save some money on customs and shipping? That people like myself in the US don't have to pay for in the first place.

They are still paying the same exact price as you or me if you live in the United States but since the discs don't have to be shipped from say California USA to Canda. Which costs a lot more since that's considered over seas vs domestically from a warehouse in Canada to a Canadian address. Also since it's withing the same country no import fees are due so what exactly is bothering you.

Only real reason I haven't bought my copy on Blu-Ray even though I have previewed a copy that my friend has is that I'm too lazy right now to order direct from Anime Eigo. If they made it more stream line like having RightStuf being a distributor they would probably sell a ton of more copies just like when they got Time of Eve.
F-Man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:51 am Reply with quote
Dfens wrote:
I still don't get what problem you are having with Anime Eigo and their new system to help Canadian customers save some money on customs and shipping? That people like myself in the US don't have to pay for in the first place.

They are still paying the same exact price as you or me if you live in the United States but since the discs don't have to be shipped from say California USA to Canda. Which costs a lot more since that's considered over seas vs domestically from a warehouse in Canada to a Canadian address. Also since it's withing the same country no import fees are due so what exactly is bothering you.

What the heck?

He's merely sharing the good news that Canadians can now get the set for cheaper shipping than before. He didn't mention having any issue with it. The word "conveniently" wasn't used sarcastically. Why are you assuming so many things...
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:38 am Reply with quote
Animeigo just updated that you can also avoid paying custom fees for the UK and EU, too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1