• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Le Fruit de la Grisaia (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:04 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
After all Yujji has done for them they all go violate his privacy like that clearly against his wishes.

Well he should have burnet it, he should know what Sachi is like.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:59 pm Reply with quote
After all the time he spent sticking his nose into their business I think it's a fair payback Laughing
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Eden episode 2:

Ha, that was just priceless at how the episode started. spoiler[Yuuji's womanizing skills are just fabulous aren't they now? And this episode showed more of his flashbacks while training. Millie is an amusing character as well.]

I wonder how spoiler[much more flashbacks we will get though since it seems to go in a direction where Yuuji actually fights and perhaps even kill some soldiers?]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
After all the time he spent sticking his nose into their business I think it's a fair payback Laughing

As far as I remember they all needed his help and he did not pry into anything. Girls, I am disappoint.

Now -- regarding Episode 2: Totally Awesome. Not only did Yuuji spoiler[lose his virginity to Asako] who practically raised him, but he turned around and spoiler[popped JB's cherry!] I totally approve how both incidents came about. Not bad for a middle school student. And it explains a lot about how he is confident around the girls in the first part of the story.

We now know more about where Asako came from than we do about JB's background. How did she end up being a high level operative?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:21 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Now -- regarding Episode 2: Totally Awesome. Not only did Yuuji spoiler[lose his virginity to Asako] who practically raised him, but he turned around and spoiler[popped JB's cherry!] I totally approve how both incidents came about. Not bad for a middle school student. And it explains a lot about how he is confident around the girls in the first part of the story.

It always amuses me that spoiler[an adult female sleeping with her underaged male ward] gets thumbs up all around, but when spoiler[an older guy gets involved with a younger girl] people get up in arms.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Well, I found it creepy, but it's the eroge thing. Happy fun sexy time works in a vacuum, but in context it can be pretty questionable. We saw it with his sister earlier, spoiler[with Asako here], and on the flip side, spoiler[he and Asako basically rape JB, but it's presented as fun comedy.] The eroge motivations of these scenes make sense, explaining why these particular examples of sexual abuse are presented differently than when men do it.

The whole thing comes across as the show trying too hard to be cool by giving the main character a dark backstory (or, like, 5 dark backstories), and I'm ready to see the show put the harem back to work. I'm hoping we're in for payback, where the harem turns around and helps protagonist-kun deal with his crap.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:52 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
It always amuses me that spoiler[an adult female sleeping with her underaged male ward] gets thumbs up all around, but when spoiler[an older guy gets involved with a younger girl] people get up in arms.

You are amused by odd things my friend. That situation spoiler[with the genders reversed works differently] but can still happen in a positive way, particularly in a story as outlandish as this one.
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:48 am Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
The whole thing comes across as the show trying too hard to be cool by giving the main character a dark backstory (or, like, 5 dark backstories), and I'm ready to see the show put the harem back to work. I'm hoping we're in for payback, where the harem turns around and helps protagonist-kun deal with his crap.

Yeah at this point I think they are overdoing it. Yeah I get it already, he has a dark past. I've kind of grown numb to all the tragedy after all that has happened. On the other hand I enjoy these episodes about Yuuji's past even if they don't move me as much anymore.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:14 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 2

I personally have the opinion that what Asako did was criminal, and I would see that spoiler[gender is largely against the fact]. My take is that Asako was messed up, but Yuuji is too. There really was spoiler[no innocence left in him from Killing his father to stop her from raping his mother, seeing his mother's nude corpse, becoming a pet of a pedophile], and everything else. Yuuji really has had no place in regular society, he was thrown so off the track Asako first had to deal with him forcing him to do things, calling him a child would be very odd.

It was spoiler[against the law what Asako did], but with how he has been forced to mature and what he has seen, I wonder if healthy sexuality would help him cope with his scars. Rather than having to grow up from normal methods, it seems to have had to follow by being quite honest to him so that he has to decide himself over right and wrong, and if he wants to keep going. I think that it might also be somewhat relevant to Yuuji's actions in the first season in regards to some sexuality. It is times like this I wonder how would I see something if genders were reversed. First off spoiler[there is a more painful image], but would this hypothetical be that spoiler["her" experience was of "her" "mother" brutally raping his "father" in the past]?

Right and wrong can be very subjective, and his experience is way off that him doing things like burying a girl in a coffin, faking a daughter's deaf, scaring the piss out of a classmate, and killing a friend's mother, have been good actions. In people who's worlds have gone mad, what is right? That is kind of how things should go in a genre where that is rife with a lot of teenage sex, despite not a really a lot in the anime, Grisaia has felt like one of the few series that has actually tried to properly tackle a scenario of why characters might have animated personalities, emotional trauma, and themes more mature than they should for that age.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:39 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
It was spoiler[against the law what Asako did], but with how he has been forced to mature and what he has seen ..

If you are referring to her (and BJ) spoiler[having sex with him then no that is not correct, at least in contemporary terms. The age of consent in Japan is 14. ] I think it was Yuuji's 14th birthday they were celebrating.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:47 pm Reply with quote
A more pressing issue would be the fact that spoiler[Asako is his legal guardian and thus such behaviour is inappropriate.]
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Wow, spoiler[statutory rape by a foster parent and peer-presure statutory date rape] all in one episode. Honestly, kinda disturbing, but I couldn't help but laugh at the expressions going across JB's face when she talks with Asako and gets dragged away. Laughing

I was expecting her say that she was just messing with JB, but no, they did go there and then makes her an accomplice. Surprised
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:01 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
A more pressing issue would be the fact that spoiler[Asako is his legal guardian and thus such behaviour is inappropriate.]

At what point was it declared that spoiler[she was his guardian?] From a legal standpoint spoiler[his actual guardian is still the guy who took him over when his parents died.] He's missing now but that status hasn't changed, and he is now living with Asako as an unrelated guest.
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:47 am Reply with quote
Asako raised Yuuji so no matter how you look at it, Asako is his guardian even if it hasn't been written down on official papers. Problem I see with this is spoiler[that you could say that Asako was exploiting her status as a guardian/parent. A middle school teacher having sex with his student would be a similar situation.] I personally just saw those scenes as nothing but comedy relief.
jl07045

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:06 am Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Problem I see with this is spoiler[that you could say that Asako was exploiting her status as a guardian/parent. A middle school teacher having sex with his student would be a similar situation.]

spoiler[Exploiting her status to give him sex-ed? I mean talk about statutory rape or ridiculously lousy parenting, but she was thinking of him not herself. She did it because of her position, not used her position to do it unlike what his previous parent figure did.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 8 of 15