• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Quote Game, Round 13.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:14 am Reply with quote
Correct. I first bolded B's line, but I thought that it doesn't make much sense since the context of this quote really lies in spoiler[Saki's] reaction. I could've extended the quote in which case it would've made more sense to bold spoiler[Madarame's] line, but I didn't want the quote to be too long.

You know what. The more I think about it, the more confused I get. At this point I have no idea whose line I should've bolded. Confused
Raftina

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:56 am Reply with quote
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:00 am Reply with quote
oh goody. this slimeball would be spoiler[Luis el Bridgett taking his anger, frustration and god knows what else out on Holly Rose, because she dared to suggest he love her and not his step sister Satellizer]. spoiler[Freezing Vibration]
Raftina

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:02 am Reply with quote
The answer is correct, though I believe spoiler[Satellizer is actually his half sister, not step sister.]
Key

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:59 pm Reply with quote
No, spoiler[stepsister] is correct. spoiler[Her mother married Luis' father after both were in the double-digit age range.]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:23 pm Reply with quote
I dont think spoiler[they married. just an affair]. he justspoiler[ invited the two of them to live in his home since Satella's mother was terminally ill]

next quote, subs

Character A: You have committed countless vile deeds. you're a lesion, and today you will be excised. you're label color is black. You're not worth saving. there is no salvation for you. But I will give you this, in case you wish to die like a human being. Terminate your own life.

Character B: Why are you doing this?

A: I want to see something.

B: See what?

A: Human conscience
Key

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:03 am Reply with quote
Gods, I can't believe you made me rewatch part of an episode of this turd. spoiler[Arashi Mikami (A) to Hideo Aranami (B) in an early scene from episode 1 of Triage X which marks the first time we see him go vigilante].
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:28 am Reply with quote
LOL, now it's Key's turn to ninja a guess off me. I instantly knew this scene, even who was speaking, but I saw the quote far far too late. Too busy in the Talkback section to notice it.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:37 am Reply with quote
correct
Key

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:18 am Reply with quote
Oh, I instantly knew the scene, too, because the speaker had such a peculiarly awkward way of pontificating. I just had to look up who was being spoken to.

Anyway, new sub quote. I'm thinking this won't be an easy one, but we'll see:

Character A: “Character B-kun, you really are scum. But. . . That’s why you are endearing!”
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:30 am Reply with quote
Well, I guess I'll go with the first character that comes to mind...

This sounds like something some one would say about spoiler[Issei from High School DxD. The question is who is saying it... I think I'll go with Akeno. So yeah, Akeno talking about Issei from High School DxD New.]
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:44 am Reply with quote
For some reason I thought of spoiler[Saekano so I'm gonna guess this is Utaha talking to Tomoyo. Possibly referring to him as Mr. Ethical.]
Key

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:31 am Reply with quote
Both are reasonable answers, but neither is even partly correct.
Key

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Hint #1: spoiler[I left the "-kun" in the quote because its use here is specific. Both characters have known each other since their school days but are adults now, so Character A is using the honorific derogatorily. Character B is just too much of an idiot to realize he's being dissed.]
Key

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:10 am Reply with quote
Hint #2: spoiler[Character B is partly being called scum because he's an utterly unrepentant pervert, but most people would find Character A's peculiar fetish vastly more distasteful (both figuratively and literally).]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 100