• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: School Battle Light Novel Series 'Hundred' Gets Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 6:29 am Reply with quote
Oh, for God's sake, another one?!
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 6:31 am Reply with quote
Wow this looks like a completely original concept for a Light Novel that has never been done before. Thank goodness there are still original ideas, as I was starting to worry the Light Novel boom had left us with nothing but bottom of the barrel, fan-service filled, fantasy-action school adventures. I'm sure it will be full of unpredictable twists, well developed & interesting characters & totally won't just be 12 episodes of MC & his two bottom bitches boob grabbing their way through a shoddily put together story about monsters or something attacking the area whenever it's convenient.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 6:44 am Reply with quote
Awesome. I love these things. Especially love this guy's artwork. Keep them coming Japan. The tears of the haters are just an added bonus.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 6:49 am Reply with quote
100: This. Is. Sparta!
Olaole

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:06 am Reply with quote
KutovoiAnton wrote:

Japan's anime market is so disgusting right now with all of these generic LN adaptions.

Removed language insulting fans. --willag
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:23 am Reply with quote
I just burst out laughing when I saw that both this and Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut will get anime adaptations. I've read the mangas and they are both generic, mech-themed, moe-filled, "I'm the loneliest MC there is but somehow I got girls flocking to me" type of series. I'll probably watch this for the laughs, though.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:40 am Reply with quote
Olaole wrote:
KutovoiAnton wrote:

Japan's anime market is so disgusting right now with all of these generic LN adaptions.

Removed language insulting fans. --willag

There Are many Light Novel and Novel stories out there that are actually quite orignal and successful..but the problem is that the majority of LN adapations that are being turned into anime adaptions are the one with the same setting.

Main Guy+Tsundere Girl
Main Guy having some special ability that no one else has.
Going to an All Female school with only him as the male lead with countless of girls falling from here..

Seriously this has got to stop...Even as a guy who actually likes harem is disgusted by so much LN out there that have the same story....Japan get your shit together there is a limit even for the majority.
hurafloyd

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:53 am Reply with quote
KutovoiAnton wrote:

Oh come on, it was obvious that this one would get an anime too, how could the japanese otaku miss their dose of lameness, moe and brocon/siscon characters being animated?

Even so, I'll watch it "for the laughs" as someone mentioned before xD.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 8:09 am Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
There Are many Light Novel and Novel stories out there that are actually quite orignal and successful..but the problem is that the majority of LN adapations that are being turned into anime adaptions are the one with the same setting.

Main Guy+Tsundere Girl
Main Guy having some special ability that no one else has.
Going to an All Female school with only him as the male lead with countless of girls falling from here..

Seriously this has got to stop...Even as a guy who actually likes harem is disgusted by so much LN out there that have the same story....Japan get your shit together there is a limit even for the majority.

Unfortunately, green-lighting isn't based on content (at least not directly. I'll explain in a moment), but mainly on existing sales figures, projected sales should series this or that be adapted to a different medium (manga to LN, LN to anime, anime to manga, manga to stage play and so on), the projected costs of the process (artists fees, licence fees, animator fees, dance choreograph fees, securing TV time slot/magazine series spot), and how it will affect the sales of the source material.

Now, the content by itself isn't important, but how and to who it can be marketed is. For example, the manga Freezing probably won't get a stage-play due to its content (in a nutshell, dismemberment and nudity), but spin-off mangas and anime adaptations are OK. Naruto, on the other hand, has managed to become big enough to get a stage-play and even an Art Exhibit.

If I could choose, I prefer that LN series like Ōkami to Kōshinryō or Baccano! would get another season.
FackuIkari

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 8:11 am Reply with quote
hurafloyd wrote:
KutovoiAnton wrote:

Oh come on, it was obvious that this one would get an anime too, how could the japanese otaku miss their dose of lameness, moe and brocon/siscon characters being animated?

Even so, I'll watch it "for the laughs" as someone mentioned before xD.

That's the thing, it's not even funny anymore
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 8:13 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Hayato feels a strange yet familiar sense of incongruity towards Emil Crossford (picture right), his roommate who somehow knows him from somewhere. On top of that, as soon as he enters the school, he is challenged to a duel by the "Queen" (the school's most powerful Slayer) Claire Harvey (pictured left).

One doesn't exactly need the text explanation to realize which one is the "osananajimi", and which one is the "challenger", by looking at the picture. Unfortunately.

Admittedly, I do enjoy harems such as this. Not afraid to admit it either.
But... For a change of pace, I wish a creator of these works would throw the whole deck of visual stereotypes into a kettle and stir it long enough to throw the audience off... Fun, if just for once Smile ...
Robbybulidjetliner

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:23 am Reply with quote
I swear these ln writers just copy n paste each other works.
configspace

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:27 am Reply with quote
For some reason, this attitude desiring to interfere or meddle with someone else's affairs--between producer and consumer here--seems more and more common, especially among younger people.

No one has to "stop" anything. There was just about 200 TV shows last year, not counting OVAs and movies. Did you watch all of them? I suggest you ignore stuff you don't like as there are plenty of other different shows.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:35 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Awesome. I love these things. Especially love this guy's artwork. Keep them coming Japan. The tears of the haters are just an added bonus.

I don't deny that these LN novels do have gorgeous art, which is the only reason I have ever considered watching them.

Two LN adaptations almost simultaneously one after another, and they have almost exactly the same plot. Gee, how can this day get any better?
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:38 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:

My thoughts exactly. Looking forward to this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3