• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yoshiaki Hasegawa, Rumi Ookubo, M.A.O Star in School Battle Story 'Hundred'

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 8:41 am Reply with quote
With the cast announced, maybe it means that the anime will air soon-ish, like in Fall 2015 or Winter 2016.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:41 am Reply with quote
You know, why can't such good art, music, and weapons design be used for something that can attract a larger audience. I can't believe more of these are coming out. Are they really that popular? Even if the majority of people still like it, shouldn't producers know that there are people who have become bored of it? If it continues this style of LNs will continue to lose fans and drag in less revenue, so why are they not being creative for once?
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:50 am Reply with quote
_Cyphon_ wrote:
Even if the majority of people still like it, shouldn't producers know that there are people who have become bored of it?

The execs know one thing only: sale numbers & profitability. As long as people continue to consume a product (LN, car brand, clothes), the higher-ups will continue making more of it.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:00 am Reply with quote
_Cyphon_ wrote:
You know, why can't such good art, music, and weapons design be used for something that can attract a larger audience. I can't believe more of these are coming out. Are they really that popular? Even if the majority of people still like it, shouldn't producers know that there are people who have become bored of it? If it continues this style of LNs will continue to lose fans and drag in less revenue, so why are they not being creative for once?

Lots of series have overused tropes and story ideas yet it doesn't stop various people from liking it.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:04 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
With the cast announced, maybe it means that the anime will air soon-ish, like in Fall 2015 or Winter 2016.

Sometimes, the announcements will be done over a year before the anime starts.
Kurori

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 12:04 pm Reply with quote
The song in the video sounds a lot like 'Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom'
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 12:43 pm Reply with quote
_Cyphon_ wrote:

A lot people are afraid of trying something different. They enjoy something that is familiar and safe,hence why you get so many of these LN's that follow the same template.

Last edited by Themaster20000 on Sun May 10, 2015 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eisenmann V

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Oh boy, Hundred Stratos!
KH91

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 1:46 pm Reply with quote
MAO again. Nice!
Izanagi009

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Eisenmann V wrote:
Oh boy, Hundred Stratos!

my thoughts exactly though mainly because the armors look like modified IS suits.

This is going to end badly isn't it?
casualfan

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Looks good so far especially the character design. Infinite Stratos is a great harem show so if this executes the tropes well it should be a good watch.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1