• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Castlevania's Koji Igarashi Launches Kickstarter for New Gothic Horror Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brand

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Well, I see it has already passed the halfway point.

I'm excited. I've been wanting something like for a long time now. I love the handheld Castlevania games but I'd love to play one on a console or my PC. This looks pretty cool already.

Also, I love the cheese factor in that video.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 3:20 pm Reply with quote
What's got me disappointed, is that the PC version requires Steam. Even for the physical copy. I can understand the digital version being distributed via Steam, but why should you have to download, install, and run a third-party software to play a physical disc?

[edit] It's already fully funded.
Brand

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
What's got me disappointed, is that the PC version requires Steam. Even for the physical copy. I can understand the digital version being distributed via Steam, but why should you have to download, install, and run a third-party software to play a physical disc?

I know the feeling. I went to a midnight release of Fallout: New Vegas and went home and installed it. Only to find out, it needs Steam. Now, I luckily had Steam already. But because they are on the west coast and I am on the East the game wouldn't unlock to play until 3 am my time. Needless, to say I was really unhappy. I had wanted to play the game a little before bed and it was a work night so I couldn't stay up that late. Blah....

I know it is for DRM reason but it annoying sometimes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 3:56 pm Reply with quote
I've always been crazy for all Symphony-style Castlevania games. I'm a little iffy on the lack of pixel art in the concept screens and the fact that there's no PS3/3DS/WiiU versions that I'm seeing getting mentioned. Also not sure how I feel about playing something like this on the PC.....
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:

Just get one of the console versions then. Hopefully, this won't have the issues Might no 9 had.
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
Just get one of the console versions then. Hopefully, this won't have the issues Might no 9 had.

I have neither a PS4 nor a XB1. PC is the only option we have, and Steam won't run on either of our laptops.
nhat

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 4:37 pm Reply with quote
I mainly want the co-op part to be reached and it looks like it will easily.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 4:41 pm Reply with quote
It's great that the fundraising for this project of Castlevania has been successful. However, I have a feeling that PC owners that have donated will probably feel a sense of regret whenever they find out that the physical disc for the PC version of the title has been under DRM.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 5:30 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait. Iga is the best.

It's at 700,000 now. Glad we can be of service. I just want a physical copy.
MetalUpa1014

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Yup, PC is my only option too. It doesn't seem particularly demanding, so it should run fine even on my laptop. By 2017 though, perhaps I'll have gotten a PS4. Hard to believe it's going to take until then for this game to come out. It seems so far away.

Either way, I put in the $28 for the game. The physical editions look nice, but I already spent a ton on the Clannad Kickstarter. Not in my budget right now.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:52 pm Reply with quote
LinkTSwordmaster wrote:

Also not sure how I feel about playing something like this on the PC.....

It should play the same with a controller.

It's already reached the David Hayter stretch goal.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 5:45 am Reply with quote
Finally a 2D console Castlevania. Well done internet and this looks like Order of Ecclesia which is the 2nd best one after Symphony of the Night Very Happy.
You show Konami who is the boss Iga (and never cut any of that godlike hair).

Mr. Hayter for the win too. but Mayami Kojima is sadly busy.
(I use my PS4 controller with my PC btw.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1