• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 22nd Animator Expo Short 'Ibuseki Yoruni' Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 2:19 pm Reply with quote
This one was really stupid. I mean REALLY stupid.
Xavi_

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:38 pm Reply with quote
This was one of those shorts where I cannot decide whether it's "too deep" or "too crazy", haha.

Here in Europe we're kinda living a parallel story: left-wing governments (i.e. Greece) are trying to "return the power to the people" by rebelling against the EU institutions. Aaaaahh~~~ the eternal struggle Confused
reanimator

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 5:53 pm Reply with quote
I call this short film Tadashi Hiramatsu's dream project because he has been posting long winded view of Japanese politics on social media and blogs.

Regardless of political spectrum, at least there are people in Japan who seem to care about how their country is going when rest of population don't even care about it.

Granted that his film isn't perfect, but at least he's not afraid to express what's in his mind.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 4:50 am Reply with quote
reanimator wrote:

Regardless of political spectrum, at least there are people in Japan who seem to care about how their country is going when rest of population don't even care about it.

Well, if they don't, they may find their Constitution being rewritten going by them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1