• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Le Fruit de la Grisaia (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Wasn't Kazuki known as a genius or did that only apply to her art? I wouldn't be surprised if the gov't did something illegal like "use her body for science" (in other words, malicious purposes). This definitely gives motive to like hide her death/existence.

I really like the OP despite the lack of subs from CR which makes it impossible for to understand the lyrics. Although, I feel it spoils a bit too much if you pay a lot of attention to the details. Maybe they're red herrings but I think it gives off a lot information.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:02 pm Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
Wasn't Kazuki known as a genius or did that only apply to her art? I wouldn't be surprised if the gov't did something illegal like "use her body for science" (in other words, malicious purposes). This definitely gives motive to like hide her death/existence.

From what we know of Kazuki it is more likely the government did what she wanted. Not that they did anything to her other than what she had planned.

It seems plausible that she utilized the bus incident to disappear in a way that nobody would be looking for her for two reasons: 1) she knew it wasn't good for her brother to be near her and 2) she needed to get away from her stultifying parents. That's my reading of it anyway.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Eden episode 6:

Finally, we learn about what happened to Kazuki from season 1. Honestly, I suspected that she didn't die (it was NEVER shown on-screen that she died). However, it looks like her essence is part of the Thanatos system.

Decent buildup overall with the girls preparing to help Yuuji. I don't think it was a surprise at all that Yumiko admits her feelings in front of everyone though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:20 pm Reply with quote
man, this show just keeps getting weirder and weirder. I didn't expect to be right about how she survived
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Is it just me or is anyone else having a hard time swallowing the idea that a busload of high school girls and a teacher can go missing and in 3-4 weeks no search team has showed up to find them?

And they were staying a few meters away from the road they fell from -- a road someone had to know they were traveling.

For that matter any group of the girls could hike along the road for 200KM in a couple of days if they had to. And there is no way they would have to go anywhere near that far to find someone or even cell phone reception.

Oh, well. I'm not going to worry about it.

And I guess I was wrong about big sis Kazami after all. She must have missed her audition for Psycho Pass so look where she ended up.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:34 pm Reply with quote
^ Nah, I never bought that from the first series either, but hey. ::shrugs::

Episode 6

Did anyone else get the impression that the Thanatos that phoned the girls is maybe working at cross-purposes to the Kazuki talking to Yuuji?

It crossed my mind that the sunglasses guy twin-tails bumped into on the train dropped the phone into her bag, and that would also explain how a computer left phones in a locker. I'm thinking either the sub-routine has a different agenda than Kazuki, or it doesn't exist and is really Oslo manipulating them.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:49 pm Reply with quote
I just thought she was multitasking towards one goal, whatever it is
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:30 pm Reply with quote
@Gina Szanboti

Yea, that was the first thought to appear in my mind when Thanatos mentioned 6 different personalities; I don't exactly fully trust it. It also doesn't seem to act in its own interest but rather for the sake of bigger society -- meaning that it's not acting for what Kazuki wishes. That's how I see this whole thing, anyways.

On another note, I'm quite fond of all the Mtichers bullying this episode. She's not a favorite character of mine so I enjoy watching her get picked on. Laughing I did have a good laugh when Yuuji inquired Thanatos-Kazuki what her favorite food was; that response was perfect. Lastly, the Yumiko confession scene was well done. I, too expected, her to be flustered and secretive about her feelings but she handled it nicely. Though, I have to say that the love and chemistry of the girls and Yuuji don't appear too genuine in the adaption but that's something I can probably get over.

HaruhiToy wrote:
Is it just me or is anyone else having a hard time swallowing the idea that a busload of high school girls and a teacher can go missing and in 3-4 weeks no search team has showed up to find them?

Y'know, I still think this is a gov't conspiracy to obtain the brains of Kazuki. The gov't wanted a brain to operate the Thanatos system and they probably saw her as the best candidate because of her genius. I mean, they could've returned her to her family but they didn't so yea. . . I think it's a gov't conspiracy thing.

Off topic, getting used to this new spoiler system thing is difficult. I have an urge to tag everything I just said . . .
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:34 pm Reply with quote
I guess it sounded to me like Kazuki wanted not to sacrifice Yuuji, while Phone Thanatos seemed willing to hand him over if it meant less conflict. If she wanted to make sure the girls didn't interfere with that in their efforts to save him, getting them to agree to let her run the show seems the way to go. It confused me, but maybe I just misunderstood what she was saying.

If Phone Thanatos does exist, then how did it get phones to them? I guess she could give agents secret orders they don't need to understand...

Oh, and MENSA insures people's brains? oO
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Some shows make me think "whoa, that's cool!" and others make me think "oh, they're just trying to look cool." This show somehow makes me think both at the same time.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:

If Phone Thanatos does exist, then how did it get phones to them? I guess she could give agents secret orders they don't need to understand...

something like ARIIA from Eagle Eye comes to mind
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:32 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Gina Szanboti wrote:

If you could do what Thantos claims it can do, namely get into any computer system and bypass all passwords, then I would think delivering some special phones in a locker would be a trivial feat. With that kind of online access you could obtain nearly anything and steal any amount of money needed to do it.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:10 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
getchman wrote:
Gina Szanboti wrote:

If you could do what Thantos claims it can do, namely get into any computer system and bypass all passwords, then I would think delivering some special phones in a locker would be a trivial feat.

Maybe a little more work if you don't have a body.

I don't know what ARIIA or Eagle Eye is, so that went over my head.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:26 am Reply with quote
Eagle Eye is a 2008 movie featuring Shia LaBeouf, and ARIAA is (in spoilers for those who haven't watched the movie) spoiler[a computer program that can hack into traffic lights, computers, radio systems, etc.] I can definitely see the comparison of ARIIA to Thanatos-Kazuki in that regard.

Shoot, too many distractions going on; getting distracted from finishing my Hume paper, on my 9th page out of 12. Crying or Very sad
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 7:30 am Reply with quote
But would Kazuki actually sacrifice her brother? I could see maybe wanting him to become a part of her, but some part of her must want to stop it from happening.

And I could do without ever hearing more about that bus crash, or a similar incident. And those spoiler[bastard scientists did that to her], I hope there be some revenge dealt out.

Oh, and Yuuji has spoiler[an evil clone].
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 15