• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Steins;Gate Game's Western PS3/Vita Trailer Posted

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rizuchan

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:10 am Reply with quote
I already have the SE PC version... but I WANT THAT UPA. Too bad, otherwise it looks like the same stuff that came with the PC version. How come we didn't get an Upa...? Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
whitesox123

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:14 am Reply with quote
is the el psy kongroo edition in english?
Sylontack

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:23 am Reply with quote
I have the PC version plus Steins;Gate is reasonably low priority for me, however I will buy this game purely in hopes that it opens doors for us to get Chaos;Head NoaH on PS3 and Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Sui on PS3 in English.
terminus24

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:57 am Reply with quote
Really hoping that a U.S. release date is announced soon, I have the PC version of this, but I'm just not a fan of playing VNs on PC, I like Vita a lot better since it's much closer to a book. I'll be excited to finally play through this.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:58 am Reply with quote
For anyone that hasn't bought the game in some form or another, yeah it is worth it if you already have a PS3 of Vita.

a HUGE chunk of content is missing from the anime adaptation as it has to be cut for running time.
haer

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:08 am Reply with quote
I just ordered the game (the special edition) and really looking forward to it, as it is still my favorite anime.
whitesox123

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:18 am Reply with quote
Can someone please answer my question? They didn't show any scenes with dialogue in the game so I am not sure if it is going to be in english or not.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:10 pm Reply with quote
god dammit whyd you guys have to port this so late?

I've already got the pc version but id have chosen the vita version over it for its portability. It makes no sense to buy the vita version one now since I've already fully completed the pc version
infamoustakai

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:29 pm Reply with quote
whitesox123 wrote:
Can someone please answer my question? They didn't show any scenes with dialogue in the game so I am not sure if it is going to be in english or not.

I don't believe it will have an English dub. Which is a deal breaker for me. The dub cast was fantastic, so I can't imagine the voices any other way.
FierceMuffin

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Heh, "Rick Digital".

Looking forward to this. Especially the Upa and artbook.

whitesox123 wrote:

It's in English. They're using the same translation as the PC release. And as the previous guy said, it won't have an English dub, if you also wanted to know that. It's just Japanese audio with English text.
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Will the European version work on North American PS3? Or do I need to wait and hope we get an awesome El Psy Kongroo edition too?
Foxaika

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 1:01 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
Will the European version work on North American PS3? Or do I need to wait and hope we get an awesome El Psy Kongroo edition too?
Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe that the PS3 is region locked.
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Oh, it actually looks like people have asked that question on their website and they've answered it. And it has no DLC either so that won't be an issue in the future either. Ima go buy this!

So yes, it will work on US Playstation 3s, hooray! For I simply must have this game! And I love art books for extras and this has two pins and a metal Upa, hooray!
TheMorry

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Foxaika wrote:
classicalzawa wrote:
Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe that the PS3 is region locked.
PS3 games are region free.

Cant wait till i can play for the first time this Visual Novel on my PS vita. I loved the anime so much that i was dying for more.
Foxaika

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:53 pm Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
PS3 games are region free.
can't wait till i can play for the first time this Visual Novel on my PS vita. I loved the anime so much that i was dying for more.

Ah, so it was as I thought. Thanks, was pretty sure, but not 100% as I don't own a PS3 myself.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2