• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha ViVid (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:08 pm Reply with quote
so then they learned this ability between Strikers and Vivid?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:16 pm Reply with quote
No, I'm pretty sure Rein could do it in StrikerS. Happened in a sound stage. They are devices after all, so adding such features should be easy.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Not bad. The fight lasted an episode and half with highlights from almost every character. Poor Fate though lol. I didn't expect her to take that damage.

Einhart impressed me more than I had expected especially in the second half against Vivid. Anyways, kinda hyped for the upcoming tournament. They better start training hard to win! I see some potential candidates to win besides their team.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:23 pm Reply with quote
New characters means new voices... Or sometimes not so new voices Laughing This makes Kana Asumi's 3rd role in the franchise.

Victoria is the best.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
So full disclosure: I don't believe Nanoha and Fate are a couple so all of my comments will be from that perspective. People tend to get extremely upset when I say that, so if it's going to be a problem let me know and I'll avoid the thread.

I might be late to the party in saying this but dude you're my freaking hero.

And yes, rabid yuri/yaoi-shippers always get their panties in a twist whenever someone even jokes about their ships not being canon (a lot of times they are not but they've convinced themselves they're right)
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
And yes, rabid yuri/yaoi-shippers always get their panties in a twist

If only panty twisting was the extent of it. I've had to put up with some serious harrassment but I won't bore you with the details.

Anyways, paired up against the leads early on in a shonen style tournament? Poor Corona and Miura. Never stood a chance.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Chiibi wrote:
And yes, rabid yuri/yaoi-shippers always get their panties in a twist

If only panty twisting was the extent of it. I've had to put up with some serious harrassment but I won't bore you with the details..

SAME HERE. I really believe it. They're highly unpleasant people. >_>

Anyhow, considered watching this despite not finishing the first Nanoha season (LOL) but after seeing Vivio's transformation....er nope.

May the rest of you enjoy. I don't think I'll be going past A's....or whatever it's called.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 11:37 pm Reply with quote
StrikerS is worth watching.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:35 am Reply with quote
Some love for Zafira this season. Always wondered why he was only in dog form for all of StrikerS, and only given one line. the cat device was freakin adorable
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:34 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Always wondered why he was only in dog form for all of StrikerS

He just prefers being in wolf form.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 10:42 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:

Anyhow, considered watching this despite not finishing the first Nanoha season (LOL) but after seeing Vivio's transformation....er nope.

why not just watch and simply skip the transformation scenes. i do it all the time when watching Magical girl shows
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 11:45 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:

What? This was the transformation that is the least sexualized in the whole franchise, can't even be compared to the older Nanoha series, and as for the anime adaptation, the loli sexualization is completely butchered, so there's really nothing for lolicons.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Sunny milk wrote:
the loli sexualization is completely butchered, so there's really nothing for lolicons.

Speak for yourself. It's not all about the panty shots you know. Seeing cute girls doing their best and having fun is soothing for the soul.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:32 am Reply with quote
Episode 9:

Well, I liked the fight in the second half. The first one was kinda meh though imo. I gotta give Miura credit for giving it her all. I'm curious to see how well Seig will do in this tournament.

But tbh, I think there are lot of potential candidates to win this or at least make it very fun.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:36 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

Honestly, how could she beat that knight? The attack to her did barely anything and took one hit after doing barely anything to get done in. The clones were much more fun to watch. Guess I feel like going for the underdog.

When Nanoha was talking about how things can get rough when fighting friends, it felt kind of funny for it to be from the White Devil.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8