• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Yowamushi Pedal Interest: Voice Actors to Compete Against Each Other on Their Own Bicycles

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 1:53 pm Reply with quote
They ain't gonna get far with those puny thighs
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Maybe they'll ask Armstrong for some pointers.... Laughing
Foxaika

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure they'll win Laughing
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:22 pm Reply with quote
It's so ridiculous, it's even somewhat cute.

But if they want to know how a tiny man can win a bike race, they're better off asking Nairo Quintana.
Jex2193

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:50 pm Reply with quote
I find this epic and awesome *_*
Good luck to them Very Happy
kgw

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Sorry to burst their bubble, but you can't take part in the Tour or the Vuelta simply by asking. Probably they'll have some pics in the area, but thinking that they'll be allowed to join those races is taking themselves a little bit seriously.
Oh, Vuelta & Tour teams are already known:
http://www.letour.com/le-tour/2015/us/teams.html
http://www.lavuelta.com/15pr/en/equipos/index.html?e=1

I liked how YP boosted new cycling fans, but because of that, they shouldn't be taking those races so lightly.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:29 pm Reply with quote
If they are actually going to take part in riding in the Tour de France (which I highly doubt), all I can say is good luck. They'll be lucky to last just one mile before collapsing under sheer exhaustion.

I wonder if people these days still take the Tour de France seriously after all of the hubbub that happened with Lance Armstrong?
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Now, if only Yusa Kōji had shown-up as Midōsuji Akira... Midōsuji is easily 5-man strong.

Best of luck to them, and they better not get a heat stroke or something. Otherwise, participation in public activies - like this - will be prohibited by the agencies, I would presume.
Aster Selene

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Hello, hello, the information in this article is actually completely wrong and I'd like to quote my friend on this matter who's got all the necessary info:

Quote:
The voice actors for Yowamushi Pedal ARE NOT competing in Tour de France. The source article says that they will be racing on their own bikes at the Cycle Sports Center in Shuzenji, Shizuoka between Sohoku vs Hakogaku/Kyofushi. This CSC is the same place where Sohoku held their training camp in the manga.

The first part of their race will broadcast in July (they will also be talking about Tour de France which is held in that month), while the conclusion of their race will broadcast in August (for this, they will be talking about Vuelta a Espana). If you’re able to watch it, the broadcast will be on channel JSPORTS4.

I ask the mods please amend this, since the article's giving out some pretty serious misinformation.
kuron3kosama

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Came to see if anyone had shared the correction Great-Blaster posted about and am happy to see that someone has. Hopefully the article will be corrected as soon as possible.

That said, I think it'd be entertaining and I wish I had the ability to watch this. Not many options for watching the little random programs like this that for the most part the Western fans have to let slip by. Confused

Well, maybe it'll get released on disc later on...
ansmdgotl1818

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Here is the actual translation of what the source article says:

[Competition in Shujenji! The 6 voice actors of "Yowamushi Pedal" doing a cycling race]

The six voice actors from "Yowamushi Pedal", the anime based on the work of Wataru Watanabe, is appearing in the special TV program that is going to be broadcasted at J Sports Channel in June and August respectively.

In the show, Daiki Yamashita, who plays Sakamachi Onoda, Showtaro Morikubo, who plays Yuusuke Makishima, Kentaro Itom who plays Jin Tadakaro, Tsubasa Yonaga, who plays Sangaku Manami, Hiroyuki Yoshino, who plays Yasumoto Arakita, and Hirofumi Nojima, who plays Koutaro Ishigaki, will appear.

Each will bring their cycles to Japan Cycling Sports Center located in Shujenji, Shizuoka Prefecture, and compete under either Team Sohoku or Team Hakone and Fushimi alliance.

The race will include the rules relevant to the anime, which would make strategies and tricks important just like actual cycling race. As they competed fiercely in the anime, fans are excited to see what kind of battle would these 6 voice actors would create.

The following program will also introduce the tourist attractions related to Tour de France in June and Vuelta a Espana in August.
Miyanoai

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 5:35 am Reply with quote
Now if we could just get the other sports anime VAs to do something similar. X'D
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1