• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Wish Upon the Pleiades (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:04 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Is it just me or was it getting hot (in temperature) this week? Razz

"This baby can take temperatures up to 9000 degrees."
I had Star Fox on my mind during the episode.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:53 am Reply with quote
This was quite a magical show from start to finish. Didn't like Minato too much though but these artwork visuals are another story:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:57 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 finale

A way to describe this anime, I say spotty. In one way this show has been refreshing because it decides to be closer to classic magical girl themes in totally not have the type of themes of recent dark magical girl anime. But that also has the anime often be a little boring at not doing much interesting. And then there are moments that the show seems to actually be very inspired as it tells you maybe about physics, the world, the solar system, or the universe. Sometimes it struggled in explaining itself properly as feeling like for younger audiences, but others it gets quite complicated with its explanation that it marks itself being for older audiences. Actually thinking now, I might compare it in some ways to Fantasista Doll, which fits in a weird place of for adults and yet kind of feeling like it is for the younger.

I really don't have much to say about the last episode except maybe that the series had been training you to understand. I liked how Subaru changed, both as a character and also that magical form, also that bit of romance. But it really is bothering me that I feel like I am forgetting parts of the series, like they failed to be retained. What was the black haired girl's story again?

As a rating I go for So-so, it was a spotty series, but not blatantly bad.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2