• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Announces Ninja Slayer Broadcast Dub Cast

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Anobe

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:08 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
Mr. Anobe wrote:
After all, the main VA for High School D.X.D. Born wasn't involved in the broadcast version...at least that's what I've been reading.

That's because due to some very unfortunate circumstances, Scott Freeman has retired from voice acting. I'm not going to go into details out of respect for Scott's privacy, but let's just say he's got it pretty rough right now. Sad

Wow, personal reasons eh? That's too bad. Sad
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Not bad, not bad at all... Very Happy

I'm very glad that Funimation took the golden opportunity to make this dub as intentionally corny and stereotypical as possible. I can't say for sure with only one clip to go off of, but this could end up being even more entertaining than the Japanese dub! Funimation is great when it comes to dubbing goofy anime series, like what they did with Panty and Stocking, Shin-chan and Space Dandy. Really looking forward to hearing the full episode dubbed!
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 4:05 am Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
FUN FACT: Offender-san's Death Haiku is an actual legit 5-7-5 haiku.

The fact that they actually put the extra effort into that just makes it better. Laughing

Yeah, I decided to count the syllables on my fingers to make absolutely sure of it, since the actor did his best to make it not sound like reading poetry. That was easily my favorite moment of this trailer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3