• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Assassination Classroom (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:
Considering the anime spoiler[skipped the arc where the students learned free-running in the mountainside, ] next week might not have the same satisfaction value for some viewers compared to others.

spoiler[? They didn't skip it. They haven't gotten there yet. In the manga, the island arc runs chapters 58-75. The students start learning free running in chapter 81.]

spoiler[As far as I can tell, the only arcs that have been skipped so far are, in order, Maehara's 2-chapter arc, Sugaya's 1-chapter arc, and Kataoka's 3-chapter arc.]

EDIT: I forgot to note this earlier, but my and Harleyquin's posts here contain mild spoilers for later manga developments and arc length. So those who don't want to know anything in advance, proceed with caution. (Though my second paragraph only discusses arcs that have been skipped over.)

Last edited by Darkmagick on Fri May 22, 2015 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 7:02 pm Reply with quote
You're right, silly me for not checking before making a post. It's indicative of what kind of training the students go through in order to pull off the stunts they displayed this week and for the future.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 2:48 am Reply with quote
Things are looking bad. For a second I thought spoiler[he might have accidentally done it], but a spoiler[virus does not look good].

Anyone ever notice that the emoticons look a little like Koro-sensei? Very Happy I loved the psychological attack, but Koro-sensei spoiler[has a cheat defence].
Lovely

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Really hope that next season covers some of the skipped arcs. It's nice to learn more about specific students after all.

Though I kinda understand why they skipped them for time reasons/wanting to have a big ending to season 1 reasons.

I especially want to see Megu's arc, spoiler[ though it might be hard to do since it involves swimming and it might be hard to go back to that Sad . ]
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Episode 19:

Nice episode from the follow up last week. Glad to know that they found the culprit and it's also refreshing again to see Bitch-sensei putting her seductive skills at test :>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Challenge after challenge for the strike team to overcome.

Just as well real-life assassins don't have the idiosyncrasies of the ones portrayed in this series, skilled as they are anyone who underestimates an opponent tends to have it coming when they least expect it.

I wondered which piece they would choose for the piano playing, but the choice isn't a bad one. I can't remember the exact piece (embarrassing) but am quite certain it's either a Chopin or a Liszt, either composer matches Jelavic's background.

Karasuma is an absolute beast, anyone who didn't think so before should be quite convinced now after this episode.

Bit of a cliffhanger ending, but there shouldn't be any doubt as to the result of the upcoming duel. The question is how it will be portrayed.
Lovely

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 6:12 pm Reply with quote
It's so great seeing this arc animated. It's one of my favorites ^^ . And even though I know* what's going to happen next, I still get sad at the end of the episodes. "I gotta wait another week for more!"

*I only read the manga once, so I forgot a few things here and there. But am reminded when I watch the episodes. For example :

spoiler[I TOTALLY forgot about the advertising of Jump/the author gag until it happened in episode. And yet it made me laugh again!]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Totally awesome.

I like how they borrowed from the old Bruce Lee movie where he has to ascend levels fighting a tougher and weirder opponent each time. (What was the name of it again? Oh, well it is pretty iconic.)
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 5:05 am Reply with quote
Storming the hotel... stealthy.
That Biatch-sensei sure came in handy.
Her skills are pretty amazing.
Even in a surprise attack situation.. those kids sure know how to adapt!
It's time for Karma to show what he's got..
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Episode 20:

Leaving aside how improbable it is for secondary school students to match professional assassins in a one-on-one brawl, the choreography was well done as was the final denouement. Very much like Karma to play the jester even in a serious situation.

Debut of the cross-dressing Nagisa! As hard as it is for males to successfully pass themselves off as the opposite sex, Nagisa has the one trait of being androgynous (plus the hairstyle) which actually helps him to pull it off. Coupled with the number of forum users here who couldn't believe he was male to begin with, this part is a little less unrealistic than the first part.

Don't mess with the girls of Class E is one message to take away from this episode.

The upcoming concert hall duel between the gun-loving assassin and the class will be a fun one. Not long for them to travel now to get to the vaccine.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:
Leaving aside how improbable it is for normal secondary school students to match professional assassins

FIFY
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:06 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Harleyquin wrote:
Leaving aside how improbable it is for normal secondary school students to match professional assassins

FIFY

Not fixed, since Karma is not normal by any conventional definition.

1. Few people are naturally talented enough to master self-defence hand-to-hand combat just by watching, I know of only one example in another anime and that was highlighted as something dangerous.

2. None of these students are "normal" having witnessed their classes firsthand and their extra-curricular "training".
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, that's kind of his point.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
Yeah, that's kind of his point.

Even with training, you don't see cadet corp teens taking on commandos in hand-to-hand combat and actually not lose past the first 10 seconds. Karma lasted for close to a minute and a lot more, so I don't see what kind of "point" was being made given my original choice of wording.

But who cares? It's a work of fiction and enjoyable once suspension of disbelief is firmly locked in. It won't matter a jot if smart-alec viewers keen on pointing out every little mistake I type are intent on doing so at every first opportunity.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:55 am Reply with quote
When they said a fair fight my reaction actually was that they assassins, being fair is always secondary to completing their mission, and in fact saying a fair fight was a perfect cover to pulling a dirty move. Luckily it was the case in that both parties had the same trick, although Karma's growth was set back a little wit his prank.

And yes, we got a cross-dressing Nagisa, this felt like it was destined to happen. It would have been a wasted weapon otherwise for his trap/ androgynous status.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 19