• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Lupin III Show to Launch with Lupin's Wedding to New Beauty

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Mm, she does look pretty by the her character designs. Looks like Lupin's life is about to get much more fun in this season. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lord Dcast

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Mm, she does look pretty by the her character designs. Looks like Lupin's life is about to get much more fun in this season. Laughing

Indeed. It'll be strange to see the reaction from Fujiko. I don't think it'll lead to a love triangle, because this is Lupin III after all. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out...
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Japanese promos are weird in the sense that, for all we know, this new woman will be in the first episode, and then not in any of the others. In other words, the promotion for the new series could really just be a promotion for just the first episode. It's happened before.

But anyway, I'm looking forward to this new Lupin III TV series. Even though nobody seems sure when exactly it'll be premiering, even in Italy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:14 pm Reply with quote
I do admit she's pretty beautiful despite me not quite liking the art style of the show. Props to the character designer.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:40 pm Reply with quote
There is obviously going to be a catch, either its a legitmate wedding and she dies by the end of the series/film ala James Bond, or it turns out to be a shame wedding. I am not particularly in favor of Fuijiko, I personally think Lupin has had a chance with much better women over the course of his run, but I can't see something like this stick, Lupin like James bond is a typical status quo character.
sirdano1

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:54 pm Reply with quote
So May is almost over, did it really air on Italian TV?

And of course it's a sham wedding, this is Lupin we're talking about. She probably has some priceless something or other he's planning to steal.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:13 pm Reply with quote
_Cyphon_ wrote:
I do admit she's pretty beautiful despite me not quite liking the art style of the show. Props to the character designer.

The art style is the main reason why I never watched Lupin. I only know about 2% of what's up with the show. And you're right, that lady does look pretty good given the design of this series.
Hellwarden

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Watch it be a clone of Fujiko or something.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:42 pm Reply with quote
sirdano1 wrote:
So May is almost over, did it really air on Italian TV?

I'm don't think so. I can't seem to find any information on it or anything to suggest it's already aired, unless I've just been looking in the wrong places.
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:58 pm Reply with quote
I am looking forward to this series. I got to watch episodes from the older seasons and my mom had grown up watching them too. It has proven to be a great series for adults to watch and enjoy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
She has an independent wild streak, as well as a secret she cannot tell anyone.

...is it about her hair?

I like that even in the otherwise-black-and-white sketches, she has those green streaks.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Didn't 007 get married at the beginning of You Only Live Twice? (Or am I thinking of another one, haven't seen it in a while?)

Similarly, one expects Mrs. Lupin will not last long before becoming a plot-point casualty as well...
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm sensing a scheme in the works.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:53 pm Reply with quote
EricJ2 wrote:
Didn't 007 get married at the beginning of You Only Live Twice? (Or am I thinking of another one, haven't seen it in a while?)

Similarly, one expects Mrs. Lupin will not last long before becoming a plot-point casualty as well...

Bond was fake married (as a cover) about two thirds into You Only Live Twice to Japanese agent Kissy Suzuki, but wasn't married for real until the end of On Her Majesty's Secret Service to Tracy Draco, who was promptly gunned down by Ernst Stavro Blofeld's agent, Irma Bundt immediately following the wedding, leading to an unforgettably tragic conclusion to that movie.

In the novels, YOLT and OHMSS are reverse order in continuity, and YOLT the novel deals with Bond falling apart after Tracy's death and ultimately seeking revenge on Blofeld in a cliffside mansion where Blofeld lures in politicians and causes them to kill themselves. Bond kills both Blofeld and Bundt. In the movies, Bond only briefly seeks revenge for Tracy at the beginning of Diamonds are Forever, and after seemingly killing Blofeld, isn't quite as angry at him when he next faces him later in the movie.

Last edited by penguintruth on Wed May 27, 2015 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Covnam

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:09 am Reply with quote
Somehow I missed the original news or forgot about it. I just picked up Eastern Star's release of the first season. I'll have to watch that before catching this series, but I've enjoyed all the Lupin I've watched so far, so I'm now eagerly awaiting the premier of this Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3