• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Comic-Con International 2007 - Viz Media

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Honey and Clover!!!! Hooray!
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:40 pm Reply with quote
They can't confirm the cast yet? I have to admit, this leaves me a bit worried about the dubbing quality, given that Death Note is supposed to be airing by the beginning of September. I really hope that they aren't rushing it.
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:24 pm Reply with quote
dude~
a domestic release of Yumekui Kenbun! that series rocks. I think I'm going to squee like a fangirl now <3
CloverKuroba

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Yay for Honey and Clover! One of my favorites x3
Another yay from Nana TV!!
Sir Hamilton

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:45 pm Reply with quote
I wanna know the dub cast for NANA dammit ]:< I also wanna know if they're waiting for the second season to come and go in japan before they do the dub? Thats gunna suck if they wait D":< I wanna be there so I can ask these questions! D:<<<<< Damn the east coast!
blueharlequin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:31 pm Reply with quote
YAY!!! Switch!!!

*does insane happy dance around the room*
Jaebird

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:32 am Reply with quote
What do they mean by final Inuyasha sets? I know season 4 is due out, and the movie boxset, but should we worry about the word 'final' in there?
NGE1113

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:49 am Reply with quote
Jaebird wrote:
What do they mean by final Inuyasha sets? I know season 4 is due out, and the movie boxset, but should we worry about the word 'final' in there?

Unless something's terribly, incredibly wrong with the franchise, I'd just go ahead and transpose the word "next" for "final." I'd doubt that Vid would cut and run with two more season sets left undone, but then again, that's just me.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:03 am Reply with quote
I wasn't particularly paying attention, but my understanding was they said the final InuYasha DVD (55?) had been released & they are releasing Box Set 4 & a box set of the movies
Viz is one of the more cautious licensees since they're basically the American face of a Japanese parent company--they don't seem to be able to cross the street without clearing it with someone higher up the food chain so while obviously Death Note's been cast, they can't say anything until ot's been cleared.
The usual huge amount of know-it-alls were there asking such questions as the ending of Shaman King was disappointing, what are they going to do about it, & What is Viz going to do about Ouran being released by Funi & All the dubs suck, & why can't they release stuff faster since all the girl's friends have given up buying titles & just read the scans since the scans are ahead....God, I felt sorry for them. The Viz reps all said it was their first Comic-con panel. I think it may be because they have so many entry-level titles that they get these questions every year.

SOmeone asked about Ranma or InuYasha not having a proper ending & one of the reps said Ms Takahashi is like the most powerful female in the field in Japan & probably wouldn't even read their mail & when we're all dead, she'll still be writing InuYasha. (She does seem to have issues about finishing titles)

They did mention about 5 disc for Bleach, so they aren't shrinking it to fewer dvds & they also said it's an incredible package(to excuse charging $30 more for 7 more eps than we get on Naruto). I wanted to ask, but I was a bit afraid of the other question-askers.

The 100 manga in 60 minutes panel had a great answer for someone asking if Japan would ever do a proper ending to such & such anime & the guy said realistically, it's like Hill Street Blues-done & everyone's moved on to the next hot title
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:38 am Reply with quote
Ral Ω Grad licensed! Alright, I am bit fan of the Blue Dragon world and I must say that Ral Ω Grad has an interesting story and also sheds a lot of light on the world. I am glad I'll finally be able to check out more of that, I wonder when the US is going to get Death Note on air.
CloakBass

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:40 am Reply with quote
``````````````

Last edited by CloakBass on Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
omnistry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:40 am Reply with quote
CloverKuroba wrote:
Yay for Honey and Clover! One of my favorites x3
Another yay from Nana TV!!

This is the news that I've been waiting for! I have a huge love for both these series.

I'm just hoping that they don't redub Anna & OLIVIA (given their popularity is rising here).
quartears

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:18 am Reply with quote
Yeah. Now I can finally purchase NANA. Now to to painfully reach into my wallet.
aluria

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:42 am Reply with quote
While I'm glad that NANA got licensed, I hate that VIz had to. They should stay out of the anime business and stick to manga.

I highly doubt the music will be dubbed since they were too lazy to dub the music for Full Moon wo Sagashite.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kolibri

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:45 am Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:
They can't confirm the cast yet? I have to admit, this leaves me a bit worried about the dubbing quality, given that Death Note is supposed to be airing by the beginning of September. I really hope that they aren't rushing it.

That does sound weird doesn't it - they should be well into it by now Confused

But hooray for NANA, Viz has been so vague about it. Sounds to me though that we might have to wait for a while for this... no production details known yet?

Honey & Clover is something that I'm very interested about too, haven't read/seen any but I hear great things about it all the time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2