• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Comic-Con International 2007 - Tokyopop

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karenai_hana

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:14 pm Reply with quote
The anime for The Third is being released by Kadokawa Pictures USA in conjuction with TRSI, not Bandai.
Paploo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:23 pm Reply with quote
ppsst...... Raijin/Gutsoon actually did release some of Mamotte Shugetten as Guardian Angel Getten before they died off.

IronCat wasn't involved at all.
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:15 pm Reply with quote
I don't blame TP for not licensing long series - they can't seem to keep up with the ones they have!

Meh, I can't be too mad at em - they've got some of my favorite manga going and will probably end up with Teh Haruhi novels before long.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:21 pm Reply with quote
"Mid-2008 will also see .hack//XXXX in June"

YATTA! Anime hyper
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:50 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad that they're hesistant about licensing series that they are uncertain about completing. I've been an anime and manga fan for a long time and I hate it when a series I love is dropped. I know it's not always the publisher's fault, but still, it's unpleasant.

Oh, and I visited their website this morning (before this post) and I have to say that it was an eyesore!! Too much stuff going on and I couldn't find a "search bar" to help me find information about the series I wanted. But I guess they know what they're doing.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:14 am Reply with quote
The TP gal was unsure-the audience did correct her that it was Right Stuff & she corrected herself.

Damn. I told my teen that Raijin's Getten Angel, but she argued the art looked too different--the cover they displayed was very soft pastel look
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:02 am Reply with quote
Whoa, I nearly missed this AWESOME part! Shocked

Quote:
More new titles include...Kannazuki no Miko arrives in May.

They got Kannazuki no Miko?!! I really hope they shrink wrap it.
dst1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Who went?

I remember her talking about a title with 'hot girls, big guns, and underlying lesbian themes'... but can't remember what the name of the book was???
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Well with .hack/XXXX getting released fans of the series that haven't played the games can get the whole story from both Kite and BlackRose. I wonder how the manga holds up, its got to better then the games.
mad_hatter_md01

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:37 am Reply with quote
Why doenst somebody go and license Kingdom Hearts Final Remix manga? Like in the game, It has extra parts to the story for the first set of the manga. I dont know if theyre doing one for KH2 manga since its still running in japan.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Paploo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:42 pm Reply with quote
CCSYueh wrote:
The TP gal was unsure-the audience did correct her that it was Right Stuff & she corrected herself.

Damn. I told my teen that Raijin's Getten Angel, but she argued the art looked too different--the cover they displayed was very soft pastel look

It's the same series- TP is probably just using alternate cover art.

madhatter- TP just released KH2 vol.1.....I'm betting we'll see them release all KH manga eventually.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:09 am Reply with quote
CCSYueh wrote:

Minene Sakurano (mangaka for Shugogetten) has been evolving her style and she jumped publishers in Japan after the initial release of Shugogetten. Recently she released a continuation series (Shugogetten Retrovalles) which sees the evolution of her style applied to the earlier characters. They also re-released the original volumes of Shugogetten in Japan with new covers and added some content. I'm also not as fond of her newer style, but it is the same work and the first 10-11 vols will still have the original style. Whether TP will renumber the continuation series or title them appropriately I'm not sure, but if they just continue it all under the Mamotte Shugogetten banner, the new style starts around 11-12 depending on how the vols are organized. (the Japanese re-releases of Shugogetten were compacted into 10 vols, even tho there was added content, the original release was 11 vols)

And yes, for her color work, Sakurano has an almost "watercolor" kinda look going right now, more "fuzzy" than the crisp color work of her earlier stuff.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:29 am Reply with quote
dst1 wrote:
Who went?

I remember her talking about a title with 'hot girls, big guns, and underlying lesbian themes'... but can't remember what the name of the book was???

Was it VB Rose?
They pitched Monochrome Factor as like DNAngel.
VB Rose & Harukaze Bitter Bop didn't appeal to me so I just noted they're scheduled for January. I was more interested in the yaoi titles

I know they made Silver Diamond sound like an all-guy version of Fushigi Yugi-harem, but others have told me it's soft BL.

Of course a couple yrs ago I watched Del Rey look titles up at ANN because they knew nothing about some of their own titles.

Thanks, Heero. That cover they used for Mamotte Shugogetten looked more like something I expect out of Broccoli's cute girl stuff-maybe like Pita-ten.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1