• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Boku dake ga Inai Machi Manga Gets TV Anime in January

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Great news. This is fitting for a Noitamina show and can easily be adapted at least to one cour. And the amount of time for production 2016 gives them enough time to make this look good. I hope it can pull it off.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
VampireNaomi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Awesome news! This manga is so exciting that after reading the first volume I decided to just buy the rest as they come out and only read them later when I have it complete. I probably won't check out the anime for the same reason, but it's great to see this getting the attention it deserves.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:30 pm Reply with quote
The manga's synopsis makes it sound generic, the synopsis at MAL explains a little better the general idea of the manga, IMO

synopsis wrote:
Struggling manga author Satoru Fujinuma is beset by his fear to express himself. However, he has a supernatural ability of being forced to prevent deaths and catastrophes by being sent back in time before the incident occurred, repeating time until the accident is prevented. One day, he gets involved in an accident that has him framed as a murderer. Desperate to save the victim, he sends himself back in time only to find himself as a grade-schooler, one month before fellow classmate Kayo Hinadzuki went missing. Satoru now embarks on a new quest: to save Kayo and solve the mystery behind her disappearance.
justsomeaccount

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Wau! This manga is a constant nomination on the Taisho Manga and I have a friend who really really recommends this manga and I am interested on it but he warned me not to watch it until it's finished if I'm not patient because I would be biting my nails waiting for the next one. But as an animated form and given the reputation I'll trust they can do a consistent adaptation, the team is the same as Silver Spoon and they exactly did that with each cour. Definitely checking it out.
Ser3n

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:26 pm Reply with quote
This is great news! I love this manga. Now let's hope it gets licensed^^
Minimimiau

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Looks interesting. I'll wait for the anime.
ajr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:10 pm Reply with quote
This is probably my #1 pick for a title I'd like to see licensed in English, so I'm trying not to shout with excitement. It's hard to talk about this show without spoiling anything, but fans of Monster will probably like this grim mystery/thriller-ish story. I want this to have an awesome soundtrack SO badly, I'm really looking forward to it.
OH&S

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Amazing news. This is currently my favourite supernatural mystery series. The series hasn't lost its edge even up til the latest chapter.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
The manga's synopsis makes it sound generic, the synopsis at MAL explains a little better the general idea of the manga, IMO

synopsis wrote:
Struggling manga author Satoru Fujinuma is beset by his fear to express himself. However, he has a supernatural ability of being forced to prevent deaths and catastrophes by being sent back in time before the incident occurred, repeating time until the accident is prevented. One day, he gets involved in an accident that has him framed as a murderer. Desperate to save the victim, he sends himself back in time only to find himself as a grade-schooler, one month before fellow classmate Kayo Hinadzuki went missing. Satoru now embarks on a new quest: to save Kayo and solve the mystery behind her disappearance.

so,basically the guy has Ghost Trick powers?
shiranehito

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:

synopsis wrote:

Thanks. Now it sounds much more interesting than just a mangaka with supernatural ability. Actually I've never heard of this title before, but the plot sounds promising. Can't wait to watch this.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:

synopsis wrote:

So that's why the visuals make him him look so young. Could be good, definitely interesting. At least this gives the protagonist a legit reason to stalk the heroine.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:03 am Reply with quote
ajr wrote:
This is probably my #1 pick for a title I'd like to see licensed in English, so I'm trying not to shout with excitement. It's hard to talk about this show without spoiling anything, but fans of Monster will probably like this grim mystery/thriller-ish story. I want this to have an awesome soundtrack SO badly, I'm really looking forward to it.

Welp that settles, no helping it now, regardless how much or how little it's like that, I'm IN! Very Happy
Kyuusu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:00 am Reply with quote
I always thought that this manga would translate better as a jdrama series but I can't complain and I'm actually excited about the news. Nice choice, now I can't wait for January.
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:48 am Reply with quote
Never heard of this before...but I'm an easy mark when it comes to time travel and the like. So, I'm in.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1