• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Yuki Yuna is a Hero [Collector's Edition + CD] BD+DVD 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:48 pm Reply with quote
That price just isnt worth it. I dont care if you have the best VAs in the world there is no way you can convince me to spend $70 for four episodes and some artwork
RaylenCypher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:21 am Reply with quote
Zoneflare wrote:
That price just isnt worth it. I don't care if you have the best VAs in the world there is no way you can convince me to spend $70 for four episodes and some artwork

Not even the OST works for you? I love it so much, it's enough to make me throw my cash at the monitor shouting "Shut up and take my money!"

Here's the OST of the show on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj5u6biHrNQ&list=PLgdk9IM-qgVABj5z7VBnSPu_5RagiHo32&index=1
mgosdin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:12 am Reply with quote
RaylenCypher wrote:
Not even the OST works for you? I love it so much, it's enough to make me throw my cash at the monitor shouting "Shut up and take my money!"

It's a nice piece of music, no doubt about it. I'm glad you can get the OST like you want because it obviously is something special for you.

Again, what I'm asking for is an eventual "standard" full cour release at a North American market compatible price, similar to what NISA does with titles like Working!! and Yuru Yuri. To the best of my understanding a release like that should not impact sales of the Limited Editions since those are targeted at a niche portion of the already niche Anime collector's market.

Mark Gosdin
RaylenCypher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:27 am Reply with quote
mgosdin wrote:
It's a nice piece of music, no doubt about it. I'm glad you can get the OST like you want because it obviously is something special for you.

Again, what I'm asking for is an eventual "standard" full cour release at a North American market compatible price, similar to what NISA does with titles like Working!! and Yuru Yuri. To the best of my understanding a release like that should not impact sales of the Limited Editions since those are targeted at a niche portion of the already niche Anime collector's market.

Thanks, I have a deep love for music.

The only solution I can provide is to wait until the value goes down at a reasonable price. Or worst case scenario but best case scenario for you is the series bombs and they have leftover copies that they want to get rid of at very low prices.
mgosdin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:48 am Reply with quote
You aren't alone in loving music. (He says while looking at the stack of Vinyl LP's and Turntable next to his monitor.) Very Happy

It isn't something that I want to see happen where PonyCan US goes the way of Bandai Ent or Geneon US, not at all. I don't blame them for being prudent by the best of their knowledge, but they can hurt themselves by being too restrictive and under producing in the market just as easily as by overproducing like some others did.

There is a balance between premium and standard which it is possible to achieve, otherwise Funimation, Sentai, NISA would not be able to stay in the business.

Mark Gosdin
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:11 pm Reply with quote
RaylenCypher wrote:

The only solution I can provide is to wait until the value goes down at a reasonable price. Or worst case scenario but best case scenario for you is the series bombs and they have leftover copies that they want to get rid of at very low prices.

If they follow the Aniplex model, the price will not be reduced anytime in the foreseeable future. There won't be any sales either, since the retailers are forbidden from doing that.
neozxtc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:33 am Reply with quote
I hate the pricing for this just like everyone else. But I'm guilty and bought it because I really enjoyed the series. That being said, knowing the prices they now charge I won't be getting any of the other series they offer.
I hate paying AOA prices so I'm trying not to support that crazy reserve importing here in the US.
Sucks because Plastic Memories is being release here in the US by AOA I think.... Mad
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:26 am Reply with quote
I like your avatar, neozxtc. You definitely have some skill (pun very much intended).

----------

Though I wasn't sure at the time, I've since come to the realisation that this chunk of episodes features the series at its strongest. If the price had been reasonable I would've bought the entire show for this particular volume alone.

----------

Hey Theron, I have a question. If the price had been more reasonable, would you've bumped the grade up from A- to A?
Key

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:25 am Reply with quote
Nah, I wasn't figuring the price into the grade at all. Was just erring on the conservative side with the Overall grades.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2